Never worked on a bike in my life...yet

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ajdereicup

Reaction score
I'm new here and more of a car guy but I ended up going out and buying a pitbike for $700 brand spanking new with taller bars another sprocket to give it some more top end and a magnetic drainplug. Its a 110cc SSR pitbike. I was wondering if any of you happened to know where I could get oil from the bike. Like to go through an oil feed line. And where I would get vacuum from seeing as the carb doesn't look like it has any vacuum ports? And whats your opinions on using the carb in a blow through setup? (I'm pretty sure you can all guess what I'm planing on doing to this bike by now and yes I know it may blow up the engine like a grenade or not work but they also said man would never go into outter space:p)

Thanks,
Arthur

P.S. I ride streetbikes now mainly and change the oil on them and used to ride dirtbikes starting on a 50 then going up to a 230 so I'm not new to bikes just doing anything kinda big with them

I meant these. And still trying to learn how to use these forum controls sorry

Your trying to turbo it......

Just buy a bigger engine and you'll have the same result in power.

Lol I thought of just buying a bigger engine and being done with it but playing with a turbo may be cooler. And the turbo is very small the exhaust size is about the perfect diameter. I'm just going to use it around in pits and maybe a little off road thats why I want to go the unique route with a turbo

Its a VW TDI turbo brand spanking new I got for cheap. And thanks for responding guys

i would have recommended the IHI RHB32 as seen on 150cc miniMX with IHI RHB32 turbo - YouTube
and use the draw through system... so carby into the intake of the compressor wheel and outlet of the compressor into the intake manifold that you will have to make by hand..

i hope you are good at bending pipes.. because if you pay someone else to set this up for you it will probably just be worth while to buy a lifan 150cc or a yx 150

reason i know this is because turbocharging my bike is soon to be my project :)

also im going to use the outlet from the oil pump to the radiator as the oil feed line for my turbo so i think you could probably use that also

Thanks for the response. Its good to hear from someone else whos planning on doing a turbo build.

Yeah I think the turbo I have is about an equivalent of the IHI RHB32 but not positive. Supposedly the turbo I have is popular in snow mobile drag racing?

Ok I hear ya on the draw through. My original plan had been to jam the turbo under the rear fender and extend the exhaust to it and then possibly use high temp radiator hose from the exit side of the cool side of the turbo but it looks like in the video the guy has it snug up to the engine and then the draw through would be good and then I wouldn't have to worry about the carb not being designed to work as a blow through.

Lol I know a guy who'll bend them for me for a few beers. Only problem I've been running into with that is finding a small enough diameter of exhaust pipe. I asked 2 of my buddies that do exhaust and they looked through their books and everything and couldn't find it. Is there some online store I can pick up some at? I had gotten plumbing tubing to try and ghetto-rig it at first but I'm pretty sure its not designed for that much heat.

My bike when I bought it didn't come with an oil cooler so its totally messing me up because I can't seem to figure out where to tap into the engine to get the oil suppy and where to let it return at? I was thinking possibly having the return into the dipstick hole but that'd be in the way and a PITA. And I'm not even sure if the engine has a pump on it or if its a sling style oiler?

Thanks again for the help man

is it a yx 140? or a lifan 140?
or send photo's (a couple) and i will identify it for you

photo10101846.jpg

photo10101846_1.jpg

photo10101846_2.jpg

photo10101846_3.jpg

photo10101851.jpg

^^^Thats the turbo I'm planning on using.

Sorry the pictures probably suck I know they do on my screen at least because my screen makes everything darker. I think I may just try and pickup a oil cooler and put that on when I put on the turbo to keep the oil cooler. But still don't know where to put the oil lines on the engine lol

Just found out I have to get a different plate thing on the engine to get lines on it for the oil

Just found out I have to get a different plate thing on the engine to get lines on it for the oil

the bashplate?

and i reccomend that you install a high lift cam and valve springs to atleast as to make it easier for the turbo to compress the air and flow it

product_image.php

^^^The red part in that kit is the plate. I need to take off the old one from the passenger side (or brake side or how ever its worded to identify that side on bikes lol) towards the front of the cylinder head. I think its a part that covers the camshaft?

BBR KLX/DRZ110 & L Cam 2010 up - Japan Minis XR/CRF50-150R, DRZ110, KLX110-140, TT-R 50-125 & 2Strokes - KLX 110 & DRZ 110 - Big Bore & Engine Kits - 411-KLX-1121 - TBolt USA, LLC
^^^Do you think that'd be a good cam to use? If it even fits my engine lol.

Or should I just do a whole top end big bore kit?

Thanks

Will the clutch thats on it burnout?

Ok sent a message to the retailer asking about big bore kits.

Thanks again for all the help your giving me man

I'm doing tons of research right now and it looks like the 110cc engine I have might be a bored and stroked version of a 90cc or 70cc? So I don't think it can go any bigger unless I go total custom with this engine.

So then the question becomes what camshaft should I put in it? And if its even possibly to get a race head for this engine. And I think I found a source for exhaust tubing

P.S. The engine manufacturer is Zonshen. The engine is a 107cc Bore/Stroke 52.4mm x 49.5mm Single-Cylinder, 2-valve, 4-stroke

Latest posts

Back