New 2009 dhz outlaw 160r racing

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My first Question to Ken would be

Does it have the 2009 upgraded centercase to FIX the kick start gear problem ,and want proof or guarantee of this

koz if not ,i wouldnt touch it

other than that ,i rode the 150 monster a few weeks ago motard style and dayyyyyym very nice for bang for buck

you have to be a bit careful with ken, hes a good bloke and all but can be sly at times haha.. like the 09 140 outlaw saying it has a 140 lifan when u get it home in the box its a zongshen.. why?? i dont know but the zongshen is apparently just as good. and also just verify evertyhing with the sparky as he says ngk buts its a cheap china sparky :D
ill be interested to see if anyones got any reviews.. and why didn he wait to release the model til this late..?? why didnt he releas it at the start of 09 like the 140 and 125 any one know??

cheers..
dhz140cc/

Got no info on that new bike...but it does look pretty nice from the pics and specs.
smile.gif

Does it have the 2009 upgraded centercase to FIX the kick start gear problem ,and want proof or guarantee of this koz if not ,i wouldnt touch it

Whats the go with the centercase???

THE DISTANCE BETWEEN THE KICK GEAR BEARING AND THE CRANK is to small and thin and when the motor is kicked it sometimes kicks back and then twist the bearing in the case and snap ,you have stuffed case

theres threads all over the net about this and ken also knows about this on the yxmotors so i would be asking the question

and as for fake ngk ,dude its a fake bike lol.,every think is fake

THE DISTANCE BETWEEN THE KICK GEAR BEARING AND THE CRANK is to small and thin and when the motor is kicked it sometimes kicks back and then twist the bearing in the case and snap ,you have stuffed case

not really...:p the idler bearing is too weak , as is the whole cover...the updated ones are thicker and have a quality needle bearing instead of a chink shitty one!!;)

just spoke to the dude from DHZ and apparently they have upgraded the gears on the new models to overcome this problem, not sure how i could prove this though!

yes ken would say that ,just get him to right it down on paper ,so when or if you smash it ,he will replace the part and labour ,trust me if it aint the 09 case youll soon smash the bearing ,or when i placed a takegawa kick starter on my zed i snapped the kick arm off at the side cover :eek:

so when i did that i then got ken to send me up a new center case and fix all of it ,took about 2 hours and was pretty easy ,oh im not useing the kick starter anymore either ,went back to a cranked honda typ

all in all tho that motor boogies mate ,i run a 16 29 rear cog and it sits on 100kms easy as and would pull 120 my 130 but im not game

hopefully he can give it to me in writing that it has the upgraded centre case and idler bearing otherwise i wont get it.

yes mate ,dont get me wrong Ken OR the guys AT DHZ always looked arfter me ,i cant see him saying no to that

i just think there are a shit load of the old yx motors looking for a place to hide ,not saying this is 1 but the old 1's are noooo good at all ,no mater how careful you start em or baby them

whats so differant from the 07 model apart from the motor????

i'd imagine the cases are still stock as i'm not sure they have put the fix into production yet????

not sure

very twitchy bike from the one i rode

but good bang for bux

whats so differant from the 07 model apart from the motor????

i'd imagine the cases are still stock as i'm not sure they have put the fix into production yet????

i got an 07 in me shed ,better frame ,better fork ,better risers ,better pipe ,better tyrs from the old stocko hard as rubber ,bit better levers ,better decals and reaR swinger has some style stead of a bit of alloy box section

pretty good out of box bike for price tag IMO

also just spoke to Brian from East 50's and he said the new GPX 160's have a whole new centre case including stronger bearings and shit. hopefully this will solve the problem.

is it possible to tell if you have a GPX 160 if its got the upgraded centrecase without obviously pulling it apart?? i also got told that you should try to kick start it at top dead centre, how the fu*k do i know if its at top dead centre without pulling the spark plug out and looking at the piston?? any info would be greatly appreciated!!! awesome...

Latest posts

Back