New bike help

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jono_

Reaction score
I just got a new pitbike yesterday BSE 125, And i have to put alot of it together.
Handle bars, Read shock, Brake pads, Front wheel and a whole lot of other little things. I have a few questions.

Any tips for installing brake pads?
The rear shock came with a bolt but no nut? There should be a nut for it right?
Will i have to bleed the brakes?And what brake fluid should i use?
What engine oil should i use? (The oil in it now is light grade shit)
Also what are some good future upgrades?
What brand engine is it atm?

get a screw driver and wedge the pads apart after you have the caliper or wheel off.

didnt come with a nut? boo hoo go get one yourself.

use anything thats dot 4.

anything designed for 4stroke motorcycle engines, if its still running in go for mineral oil not synthetic typical wating is 10w 40 or 20w 50 depending on ur climate.

big bore, carby,exhaust, irk, oil slinger etc will get u rolling.

im guessing a lifan but cant be sure without a photo.

get a screw driver and wedge the pads apart after you have the caliper or wheel off.

didnt come with a nut? boo hoo go get one yourself.

The pads weren't installed I have to put them in myself, And there was no need for the boo hoo hoo comment. lol

Anyway, Thanks for the tips etc.

lol my bad.
do you have fluid in the line(s)?
are the calipers off the bike?

if you want to you can change out the shitty fork oil and put some heavier weight oil is always better for the forks.
pro taper bars, folding levers,

lol my bad.
do you have fluid in the line(s)?
are the calipers off the bike?

Yeah theres fluid in the lines, Brake pads aren't installed though so i have to do that then bleed the brakes i guess.

Pro tapers are on the shopping list after i run the bike in and get it set up, Just sitting on it the rear suspension feels kinda soft and spongey.

wat rear shock is it?...n how much do u weigh. also is it set to soft on the adjustments

get some air in the lines so the piston can move back and allow room for the pads to sit.

youd be better off gettin a fastace shock for it. on ebay dhz sell em for $135 with an 800 pound spring wich is plenty for your weight

youd be better off gettin a fastace shock for it. on ebay dhz sell em for $135 with an 800 pound spring wich is plenty for your weight

Yeah i'll start looking at those kind of updates after i get the bike run in and actually see what it's like riding before making and big changes.

Anyone got any tips for installing front brake pads? Theres a little spring thats causing problems putting the pads in its too tight and hard to push them in.. help would be appreciated.

I took the spring out and the pads are in fine but there not as tight as they should be. ( the spring pushes the pads outwards etc?)

just try put your caliper on the bike so you can lever of it a bit better but still hold the caliper otherwise youll snap the mounting bolts then just get a flat head screw driver and push the piston back in. it also helps if you take the cover off the master cylinder to release some pressure in the lines but be careful cause fluid will porbably spit out

just try put your caliper on the bike so you can lever of it a bit better but still hold the caliper otherwise youll snap the mounting bolts then just get a flat head screw driver and push the piston back in. it also helps if you take the cover off the master cylinder to release some pressure in the lines but be careful cause fluid will porbably spit out

Haha yeah that happened when we were pushing the piston back down replaced the fluid and put the pads in minus some clip that was making it impossible to push the pads in.. Tried bleeding the front brakes to no avail couldnt feel any change in the brake.. theres absolutely nothing there

nope. cactus is the legend of miniriders(if you didnt know) he basically knows everything about thumpstars lol

Latest posts

Back