New bike in the Family!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pascal125

Reaction score
hey,
well 2day me and my old man jumped down to Yamaha and he got a new bike, the '07 R1. he got the white and red one and its pretty sweet with the twin exhaust but me and dad both prefer the sound that comes outta the old one, this kinda bubble and sounds kinda like a 250. all up its an amazing bike though, 30 more hp than the last model he had so its pretty wicked. Now it has 180 hp so it has over 1hp per kilogram which is outstanding. I will try and get pics up of it later on.
cheers.

yeh, but dad still misses his old bike, ALOT. it was one of the best looking bikes ever, the silver '01 model that i picked out for him when i was like 9 or something....

love the 07 R1's tuff looking bike throw up a pic when you get a chance

Hey pascal that sounds good that ya dad got a new bike! Post up a few pics

i took 1 on mi phone today but i only hv the software for mi phone on the laptop which mi sister is using, i will chuck up osme pics later tonight if she gets off. it sounds incredibly tough and revs upto 14,000 rpm, so much performance it scares me! lol. they alredy hav a R1 with new exhausts and heaps of billet stff such as foot pegs, oil cap, gear shiter, rear brake lever etc. but it was like an extra 3 grand and all dad does it like rides it to work and occationally other places so he didn't need the extra stuff... it looks fully sick in the dark with the lights turned on.

I bet it doesn't sound like a 250 when the taco gets to 7000rpm.
Need to see some pics mate... get em uploaded NOW!!!

pegleg, lol, the taco gets upto 14,000 rpm, lol. im tryin but misis is on the laptop.... i will try later after she goes to bed or something.
cheers.

PicofR1.jpg

here is a pic of the bike but i will load a pic of the bike in real life later

why does it have such a big front disk brake, but only a little one on the back?

because you would use front the most like front 70% back 30% or somthing.

that looks badass man. do you mind me askin how much it set ya back?

why does it have such a big front disk brake, but only a little one on the back?

Because 80% of breaking power is in the front brakes... this is on all bikes not just roadies.... nucking futs ride btw.. realll nice.

yeh cos a large majority of the braking power comes from the front, its much more effective than the rear. i have just loaded the pics onto the laptop and now just hav to email 'em to mi pc and upload them, stay tuned.
oh and brodie, these babies cost, i think just over $18k with onroad and stuff but with trade in he got a VERY good deal since it is winter and nobody buys while its raining and cold.

ok here we go, my dad took 3 pics of the bike to remember it as it was a rlly nice bike and i took 1 pic of the new 1 just before we road it home at the dealer.
cheers.
03R1.jpg

03R1mesittinonit2.jpg

03R1mesittinonit.jpg

New07R1.jpg

the pics of the '03 model were taken by mi phone in an under cround car park so they are pretty low quality, oh well.

Latest posts

Back