New Bike wont start??

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DESTRYR

Reaction score
OK Lads,
another one of the boyz has a new bike and it wont start?? It is a DHZ DPRO160 with the z155 motor and Big Bore exhaust.
Things we have done:
disconnected the kill switch (no good)
got a new CDI (No good)
Tried another coil and lead (No Good)
New Spark Plug (No Good)
checked the gap in the magneto (Looks good??)

Any Ideas??

test to c if its the spark, take out the spark plug and put on the head and kick it, if it sparks then its your carby, if not kept looking into your elecs

to c if its your carby, dont you put a lil bit of fuel down the spark plug hole and kick it with the spark plug it, it should start and then died like right away, then its your carby,

not 100% on the carby way, it works some times for me but not always

check spark, and if all is good with spark then wack some "start ya bastard" down the carby hole with the throttle wide open, then give it a go, if you don't have start ya bastard or aerostart use degreaser, WD40, RP7, anything thing you can get your hands on..

also is the plug getting any fuel? see if the plug is wet..

Yeah I have tried taking the plug out and kicking it next to steel and no spark, I will get my mate to try the top dead center start too.

Cheers for the help lads

yea no point kicking from TDC if there's no spark, just strip the tank/seat/plastics off and go over the wires to make sure it's all connected right, then start swapping electrics from another bike until you get spark

Yeah I have a mutlimeter I will have a look at that too, we have got a new cdi and wiring harness but still no spark.... so I will give that a shot.

You say you disconnected your killswitch. Explain how?

if you disconnect it, you should at least join the two killswitch wires together, or else if you just just unplugged the killswitch you will never get any spark.

nah if you disconnect the killswitch it's always on, well at least mine is

did a bit of both disconnected and tried it, then attached another kill switch (that works) and tried it too with no result. But I will be checking everything with a multi this weekend for him.

OK we have replaced the whole wiring harness and it seems that the it had an earthing issue so.... now that I feel stupid it starts the treat.... At least we now know a whole lot more about most electrical parts on the bike. I think that original wiring harness had a break in the earthing wiring (but never got around to stripping it to confirm).

Cheers for all the help lads and suggestions.

awesome....earthing is probly most overlooked, as you can see in this thread lol not one of us suggested that....

Yeah I know and it made me feel like such a dumb arse even after we replaced every other electrical component!!

a freind of mine has a kawasaki KLX110 it did the same thing but he crashed it in the sand it had to be sent of to japan because the wiring was so bad

isnt it a test you can do buy battery direct to coil both wires and see if that works, never tried it but never tried it either as a test if not working.

a freind of mine has a kawasaki KLX110 it did the same thing but he crashed it in the sand it had to be sent of to japan because the wiring was so bad

wat the.... are you serious???????????????
either someone has alot of money or all the shops near you are pathetic

isnt it a test you can do buy battery direct to coil both wires and see if that works, never tried it but never tried it either as a test if not working.

nah, this method only works on old school point n condenser type coils.... cdi coils work a helluva lot differently...

oooh, makes me wish i had some pics/vids of my tesla coil to post...

ok, ok...just to show people what a spark is... tip...turn the volume UP!!!!!!!:p

YouTube - 15KV test-tube capacitor

Latest posts

Back