New Bike

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmadden91

Reaction score
Well I picked up my new bike today. Got if off ebay for $360 :D What a deal though, 2008/9 (not sure), DHZ 150 Monster. 8 rides old. Took a bit to start at first, as it hadn't been ridden for 3 months, now first kick every time :D Just had a putt around the yard this arvo, wants to lift the wheel at the slightest twist of the throttle (I think it has at least a 1/4 turn on it). Gave my mate a quick try, he drove the bloody thing straight through my shed, and snapped off a bit of the plastics :mad:

YX150 Engine
Freshly tuned Molkt Carby
Fully adjustable forks
Fastace adjustable rear shock with reservoir
Front and Rear Kenda Carlsbad's look brand new
Bloody fly's! :D:D

4463828805_b09a320c1e.jpg

4463827597_000cd9b267.jpg

Looks great, at that price I think that’s what would qualify as a bargain. Did you snap a bit of the mate???
So are you going to tard this one?? I have a mate up here on the sunny coast that has one the same thats setup for tard and it's quick

Cheers Tina, haha was just about ready to haha and yeh I will tard it eventually. Got my eye on some tard rims and tyres on ebay.

And thanks grnman, by rake do you mean how far forward they extend? Cause yeh it does a bit

$350! damn nice work man

yea grnman it's a well known issue with older dhz's... so they fixed the rake then downgraded the forks in the later modles... gay

owe ok,

my mini knowledge has expanded even more, thx DVD.

i thought it might be the camera lens distorting it.

Cheers guys, so Rip, will it effect performance in any way?

And this guy had another one on ebay that went for only $300, every bit as nice as the one I got lol

a rake like tht would probly help the way it handles on a motard but you get less turning circle.

and just make sure you start the bike properly all the time or youll kill an engine case..
if it has an irk installed in it then be sure to retard the timing too..it will help

no it would be to much rake for motarding.

we lower the triple trees down the fork leg to get better turn in.

arh ok, is tht to get more weight over the front, because i could see tht being an issue with this monster frame but i thought it would of helped for control like bump steering and sht

yeah front wheel is key. all pitties come setup for jumps and dirt, so you have to do bit of playing around to get fast on the tarmac.

dirt riding you can steer with the rear wheel, so all the weight balance isnt ideal for motard setup..

Yeh sean it does have an IRK, so I probably will retard the timing a bit, and I always start it properly. And thanks sam :D. Thanks for the info grnman

Hey guys didnt want to start a new thread so I'll just bump this one,

Just a quick question, my clutch engages waay to late. Just want to make it engage a bit earlier. Where do i adjust? Up near the lever or down near where it attaches to the engine or what?

Cheers guys

there might be a ajustable thing half way up the cable? and start with where its bolted to the engine and work upwards (well thats what i have done)
also got the thorttle?

Latest posts

Back