new bike

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

craigcar

Reaction score
:blah:HI every one new to this site a bit older than most i suspect(45) what are the best brand of bikes out there not worrying about price,not looking for anything to small.
Thanks all
craig
:thumbup:

gonna cop it for saying this but....
if price is no option go for the braaap vegas maestro probally one of the most expenisve but they really go although i dont have one and really dont know any one that dose its got a really great setup...really great but there is alot of contraversy over braaap there great bikes but the price is defently questionalble.

Last edited by a moderator:
If price isn't a factor, you might want to look at this.

With the addition of a V2 head, 28-30mm carb and bore kit it will poop all over the Vegas... All up it will be ~$1,000 cheaper too ;)

im gunna say a ciniworx cxz 175 dont have one but they look really nice and if u want to go bigger (is size) you can fit big wheels on

gonna cop it for saying this but....
if price is no option go for the braaap vegas maestro probally one of the most expenisve but they really go although i dont have one and really dont know any one that dose its got a really great setup...really great but there is alot of contraversy over braaap there great bikes but the price is defently questionalble
Vegas Maestro 200cc | braaapOnline

Your not going to cop **** for an opinion lol

any way back to topic id go the lxr just cause they seem a pretty reliable bike and that
and i think there a bit longer then your average mid size (please correct me)

but don't go near braaap not saying there crap but god the price makes me feel the engines made of gold. and yeah you could probably buy a 2nd hand crf250 for the price of a 200cc whatever

and 200cc sounds big but it comes down to a) the rider. and b) how much work has been put into the bike.

good luck finding a new bike and also welcome to MR :)

Lots of options as listed above.

I am nearing your age, quicker than I would like.

There are so many factors to take into account. Why do you want a bike? To tear it up, to ride in a paddock, to jump buses, to impress your children and their friends, to try to help your partner collect on your life insurance etc.

Basically there are crf50 style bikes which are all based on the same frame geometry although some may have an added couple of inches in length. You then have crf70 style bikes which are a more mid size mini. There are others but to be honest I still get confused by the myriad of styles and adaptations of styles available.

If you are of a reasonable size I would suggest a crf70 style bike. However, there are plenty of larger human beings riding stock class crf50's with varying amounts of success.

Many different bike retailers will promise you the earth and deliver nothing more than a cheap 2 dimensional Nauru. It may look O.K. but cannot be seen as a solution. Sorry, I am getting off track.

Several dealers sell well tested bikes with good to excellent after sales service.

DHZ.

Pitster Pro( also sold by DHZ)

PSTO

Ciniwerx

This is by no means a definitive list of quality Mini/Pit bike retailers but they would be a good place to start and would give you an idea of what is available at a given price point.

Best of luck with your purchase. Take as much time as you need and look through the forums, most of questions you may have will have been answered at some stage.

Logic

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back