New Braaap MX1

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SwapperMX

Reaction score
Each year the bikes out of China continue to get better. This new model released by Braaap looks impressive. Is it a rebadge of another bike that was already on the market, like their last one? One thing always brought up when talking Braaap was the price. These now retail for $500 less than the YCF 190. Up here in Qld, it's very rare to see a Braaap, do they sell well in Vic and Tas where they are based and hold race series ?? Or are they still too expensive ??

l brought the topic up in a earlier post. Braaap say its their bike. l say its some other bike. l have been through Europe and have visited some club racing. The mini bike scene has a lot of different manufacture with frame and components that look alike. its a large set up to make your own . The French factory of Sherco Enduro a relatively small in the big bike market ,and there factory is half an acre ,with a set up in the millions. So unless Braaap founder has the pockets of Donald Trump im a sceptic..

The brass come from the same factory as the Ycf's in china. The french oversee production.

sorry braap not brass.

But the new Braaap's have different frames to the new YCF bike's.
I have spent a few hour's trying to find the same frame as the Braaap on the net, Europe, France, Italy, China etc but can't find it anywhere

Braaap may be a special order made by one of the already established manufacturers .

Why were on the topic of rebranding etc. In 2006 I travelled through Sri Lanka and stubbled across an MX race that's right MX in Sri Lanka.

These guys were hitting air on Honda XR RD RE 250-280 cc. If your old enough to remember the were an Enduro dirt bike from 1983- 1984 ..

l assume that this is some vintage class race been raced by teenagers .

Talking to these dudes at the meeting they assured me they were brand new bikes and the quickest the island of Sri lanka has to offer.

The old Honda tooling machines are bought by third word countries. So most likely anything is possible . Wether you require a tube or square frame ,the established factories will do it for you. Add on the components and you have a bike .

It just not financially viable to start up as your "OWN" manufacture as it is so accessible to use an established player .

Anyone on here ridden the Braap MX1 yet, or know anything about how they ride? Wouldn't mind a review!

Anyone on here ridden the Braap MX1 yet, or know anything about how they ride? Wouldn't mind a review!
Snaptrax has a braaap mx2 which is the same with cheaper parts. He has done a review on it. Just search it up.
It's pretty average and i would ride an lxr over an mx1 anyday.

Sent from my HTC_0P6B6 using Tapatalk

Snaptrax has a braaap mx2 which is the same with cheaper parts. He has done a review on it. Just search it up.
It's pretty average and i would ride an lxr over an mx1 anyday.

Ah, that's disappointing. Thinking of getting another mini haha. Sold the DHZ because I just didn't have enough time for it with final year Uni. Might make a comeback when I'm finished and have a few other things sorted!

Didnt the dhz catch on fire? I'd recommend a buzz bikes spec lxr190 and you will still be saving money

All that got sorted out by Buzz. Yeah probs get an LXR if I get back into it. The DHZ felt pretty cramped anyway. I rode a mates Motovert and it felt heaps more comfortable.

After putting a new shock in the Braaap it works much better and rides ok now. But then again for the same price if not cheaper you can get a Lxr 190cc which would easily be my favorite pick.

Best mini I've ever ridden extremely good handling and more than enough grunt just a little too expensive but are a great seller in Hobart, launceston and frankston store sorry to say braaap haters if I had the coin I'd buy one for sure

Running a Elka 330mm shock out of the Ycf Pilot 190cc. Although I have had to machine up some 12mm to 10mm reducer sleeves.

Latest posts

Back