new dude, looking for help.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mnirdr

Reaction score
hey guys,

ive recently been introduced to this whole pit bike world and it didnt take me long before i was searching for a bike of my own.

just wanting some advice on the lifan 140 and the zongshen 140. im presuming their isnt much difference in performance between the two? which is more reliable?

also, once i do get the bike, what are the first things i should upgrade?

hi,
the zonger 140 is a better engine compared to the lifan 140 (my opinion)
lifan 140's have a tendency to break kick starter gears and occasionally snap crankshafts.

as for upgrades the single best upgrade would be replacing the carby with a 26mm oko setup
DHZ Mini Moto - OKO 26mm FlateSlide Race Carby Kit

as for other upgrades it really depends what is fitted to the bike already, like in the ways of ignition and exhaust...

theres really no limit to upgrades if you start upgrading the internals of the engine..
cam, hi-comp piston, big bores, lighten oil slinger and so on...

im guessing you havent found a bike to buy yet?

let us know what your considering and we can try and point you in the right direct..
after all there are alot of rubbish pit bikes on the market these days and you ALWAYS get what ya pay for..

Aslong as you know who to properly kick start a chinese dirt bike the Lifan would be better I reckon.
People say they kick back alot but thatas only if you try to kick em over like a 2 stroke(kick and kick and kcik and kick) of without going from TDC;)

cheers guys. im looking at the DHZ outlaw 140 and the atomik big foot 140.

well looking at those 2 you have to work out what sort of riding you will be doin.

and if your ever gona think about racing then you can scratch the big foot as they dont race them..

DHZ outlaw is good value for money and the atomik isnt too bad(theres worse out there) but at the end of day DHZ's customer service and warranty claims leaves atomik for dead..well a better way to put it is atomiks customer service and warranties doesnt exist(by the time you get thru to them for a warranty the warranty period is gone)

go for the DHZ youll never look back...
but just remember that not matter what bike you buy is this price range they all have very basic suspension which will need to be upgraded down the track..

lifan 140s are common to bust gear boxes to and im pretty sure they smash cases easily if they kick back bad

as for your question what to upgrade...

well that mainly comes down to what you want the bike to do but most common things are bars (protapers), grips (personal preference), tyres (depends on terrain your gonna riding most of) ...

next upgrades are performance and suspension....there is a good thread thump*140 made

http://www.miniriders.com.au/bike-setup/24009-performance-upgrades-guidelines-stage-i-iii.html

wat do you guys mean by "how to kick start a chinese dirt bike" iv normally always just kicked it over like a 2 stroke .

i dont plan on racing, just scrubbing pretty much. possibly a little jumping.

so if i buy the DHZ, which its now looking like im going to after hearing about the warranty and such, a new rear shock would probably be a good thing to get quickly? what about the forks? also what are the stock brakes like?

sorry about all the questions, haha.

if your thinking of jumping then yeah replace the forks and rear shock to something with dampening and rebound adjustments..

and the DHZ comes with free protaper handle bars..

and you can always ask Ken from DHZ for a quote on the bike with the suspension upgrades already fitted...

What sprt of bike do you have?
And do you go thorught alot of kick start gears and levers?

had a 2 stroke years ago but also had a hummer 250. im getting either an atomik 150 or dhz 140 in the next week and since they dont have elec starts just wondering how not to wreck it ?

okay.
so the general consensus is that the DHZ is the way to go. i will shoot ken an email now and get some quotes.

cheers guys.

What sprt of bike do you have?
And do you go thorught alot of kick start gears and levers?

iv had a hummer 250 that i had to kick over all time and i always just did as if i was starting a 2 stroke .

well im gonna get a atomik 150m this weekend since it doesnt have elec start im want to know how to start it properly. any tutorials on this forum ?

iv had a hummer 250 that i had to kick over all time and i always just did as if i was starting a 2 stroke .

well im gonna get a atomik 150m this weekend since it doesnt have elec start im want to know how to start it properly. any tutorials on this forum ?

you will regret getting an atomik honestly go the dhz

kick the lever over slowly till it gets hard . then put some weight on it to "just" get it past the hard bit , then bring the lever all the way back up to the top ,then give it a BIG kick.

There is a tutorial on here somewhere

Yeah i had a lifan 140, smashed kick start gears and shaft. Got rid of. TDC works well though. i would go with DHZ from what ive heard, havent owned either of the DHZ or atomik but a dude on here bought one for his son(if i remember correctly) and he sounded very stressed, anoyed, frustrated, angry etc about their warrenty services and even came delivered broken etc. Dont think id ever go for them unless they were dirt cheap.

yea alot of people have told me bout the dhz the seem the way to go now ! how about engine wise is the ZongShen more reliable than the XY ?
is the warranty and customer service the only thing that is giving the atomik a bad name ? is the any other issues with the atomik ?

zongshen is pretty much a copy of the YX, pretty sure there %100 compatible between each other..
IMO the zonger is better than the YX, they seem to have better quality control in zonger land

Latest posts

Back