New ebay bike similar to MSO

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thumpstar Pro said:
I would save up as i did and buy american quaility genuin thumpstar.

I don't think you're actually saying Thumpstars are American. You're saying that the quality is comparable to the US manufacturing...I hope.
Anyone would be silly to say Thumpstars are crap quality, but the value for money is debatable.
Not that long ago, you might have had to spend $3500 to get a decent pitbike, but not anymore. It's all moving fast. (Remember what sort of computer you could build for $2000 a year ago compared to now?)
You could build or source an equivalent quality pitbike as a thumpstar for under $2000....shit, imagine the bike you could build from the ground up for $3500?
Have a look at the money some Thumpstar owners spend on their bikes even after the initial big price tag....wild if you ask me. :eek:

Thumpstar Pro said:
...triple the price and 10x the performance...

You got one thing correct in your post and it isn't the last part of this sentence...

lol noob, hey do what i did get a 2nd hand thumpstar. but i think those msos are really good, my friends got a 125cc one and he has had nothing wrong yet (2 weeks) but i dont know much about those bikes but why do they have a 14" front tyre??

12" front 12" rear... ill proberly get 14" front if i was to buy one... proberly make a diff in the handling because when i first road a pitty it was so unco

Max99 said:
You could build or source an equivalent quality pitbike as a thumpstar for under $2000....shit, imagine the bike you could build from the ground up for $3500?
Have a look at the money some Thumpstar owners spend on their bikes even after the initial big price tag....wild if you ask me. :eek:
bullshit....would love to see someone build something the SAME as a thumpstar by sourcing parts else where, u cant even get a billet frame to build one which is the quality of a gen thumpstar frame. or pay $800usd for frame only http://www.omicronmotors.com/accesories_new.html
The one reason thumpy owners spend money on their bike is to make them better than what they are. You dont have to spend any money on them once u get one and it's a very competitive race bike.
u buy a $2k bike and u run the chances of things breaking and no parts being available, at least thumpstars are sold from actual dealers and not flogged off on ebay unless it's 2nd hand.
Most dealers that sell them will be able to get parts for you, better to be safe than sorry. i would buy a $4k bike over $2k bike anyday, least i know it's goin to be quality & i will have back up service.
it's like buying something real and buying a look a like.

Billet frame

No-Fear said:
bullshit....would love to see someone build something the SAME as a thumpstar by sourcing parts else where, u cant even get a billet frame to build one which is the quality of a gen thumpstar frame. or pay $800usd for frame only http://www.omicronmotors.com/accesories_new.html
The one reason thumpy owners spend money on their bike is to make them better than what they are. You dont have to spend any money on them once u get one and it's a very competitive race bike.
u buy a $2k bike and u run the chances of things breaking and no parts being available, at least thumpstars are sold from actual dealers and not flogged off on ebay unless it's 2nd hand.
Most dealers that sell them will be able to get parts for you, better to be safe than sorry. i would buy a $4k bike over $2k bike anyday, least i know it's goin to be quality & i will have back up service.

My dads machine shop will have billet frames(twin spar) by the end of the month, if i get my way they will be under 500 aus dollars:) billet swing arms, peg mounts, tripple clamps, hubs etc are avalible now, just pm me if your interested.:D i will get a quote for you:D

i cant believe this

OMG. First there is no way could could simply turn an ebay bike into a thumpstar quality bike without changin the entire bike! I can honestly tell you that every part on a thumpstar is as good as it gets. The twin spar frame, I mean check the welds on the joins i mean holy sh*t. Just one look at a thumpstar and the craftmanship is supreme to anything. Ive riddin these ebay junk they ride like a bouncey, wobbly screw missin peice of crap. No offence to the owners but honestly they do not compare so dont try. I agree for your money there good for a kid or bloke ridin like a fairy.

Thumpstar Pro said:
OMG. First there is no way could could simply turn an ebay bike into a thumpstar quality bike without changin the entire bike! I can honestly tell you that every part on a thumpstar is as good as it gets. The twin spar frame, I mean check the welds on the joins i mean holy sh*t. Just one look at a thumpstar and the craftmanship is supreme to anything. Ive riddin these ebay junk they ride like a bouncey, wobbly screw missin peice of crap. No offence to the owners but honestly they do not compare so dont try. I agree for your money there good for a kid or bloke ridin like a fairy.

Does this have to be brought up again?!:rolleyes:

No-Fear said:

Ding Ding! correct go no-fear

Thumpstar Rock..

For the money you get a bike that wont break...

The Bike in the Ebay (original post)

Looks good and has ok Engine...
The front end of the frame is shit.They use the same fron Suspension as a Orion AGB 27 which is Not adjustable.

They are still small bikes and would mainly suit smaller riders....

i prefer the Twin Spar frames.....

the frame looks shit house. its too long for the bike. see how the tank ends and the frame keeps on going and going and going.

not if they are braced properly, the longer the wheel base the more control

Thumpstar Pro said:
I can honestly tell you that every part on a thumpstar is as good as it gets........
No Fear said:
The one reason thumpy owners spend money on their bike is to make them better than what they are.....
There seems to be a conflict between you guys info?

Look... what you guys are saying may have been true 12 months ago, but your falling behind dudes. Don't be blinded by a badge. Half the parts available for nicks right now on ebay, are the very same parts from the very same factory that the Motoverts, Proverts, SDG, and SSR and early pitsters (to name a few)were built from.

Here, see this.. I could have had that for a very good price three weeks ago. This bike will be the next level budget import by Christmas. A mono swinger, alloy framed one is available too. As you've seen they are coming with 4up shift drums and even 138cc monster motors from the factory now. In standard trim that thing will leave tractor marks all over you on your stock thumpstar if ya get in its road. You'll look like 'Wile-E Coyote'.
I am nearly finished building a new dirt track machine based off BSE factory parts. If you think I ride like a fairy, let me tell you I've busted far better jap bikes than your china thumpy. As with any race bike, you must upgrade many parts and keep repairing throughout a season. I don't care what you start with you'll be fixin it.

No-Fear said:
would love to see someone build something the SAME as a thumpstar by sourcing parts else where
Firstly let's get one important point straight. My statement was....
"You could build or source an equivalent quality pitbike as a thumpstar for under $2000....shit, imagine the bike you could build from the ground up for $3500?"
I'm not talking about building a Thumstar replica.
I'll do the research and piece the parts and prices together and post it on a new thread. This really is a worthwhile exercise more than just proving a point to the Thumpstar owners on the forum who justifiably love their bikes.
I've been chewing over the idea of building one for a while, so now is as good a time as any to get right down to the numbers.
The gaunlet has been thrown....I'd invite anyone who knows of parts of better quality for the price than the ones I know of, to post 'em up....either off Ebay or from suppliers. What we'll end up with is a complete plan for the 'Build your own pitty project'.
When all is done we'll see if you all think it is equivalent quality to a stock Thumpstar.
By the way here's a question for, nofear and gang ...do you consider Motovert's to be of equivalent quality to Thumpstar?

P.S. I'll post the parts list in the tech section and just keep editing it as it grows.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI...30013497353&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT&rd=1
Here's a frame. They've been goin for under $200 on average.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI...30014986605&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT&rd=1
Theres the motor ya want.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI...30015216392&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT&rd=1
Bars...

http://stores.ebay.com.au/DHZdirect
This guy here for wheels, axles, brakes, cables, throttle and levers, shift lever, and seat.

Theres a good start.

Dude that thing is 4 grand US! By the time I spend the extra 3 grand US on the above BSE bike (in fact I don't think you could spend that much!) it'll be churning out 20hp+ and be the one of the best bikes in the country! For that sort of money they really are dreaming. Have you seen what real quality looks like? Check out the latest RAV bikes or Mojo's latest creation. Still too much to spend but at least they look like theyre worth it.

20hp engine that needs a rebuild after every weekend's ride coz it cant handle it...no thnx

Latest posts

Back