new engine in xr150

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarg99

Reaction score
has anyone put a new engine in thier xr150. Im looking at the z160ho. has anyone done this conversion and can tell me how hard or what problems they had with it.

cheers

what engine was in it previously? lifan 150?

the engine it self will bolt straight in but you will need a klx style exhaust..

Ive got a YX150 in mine if you looking for a cheaper engine.

Came stock..... think they started with yx then moved to lifan.

I have just bought some stuff and one of the items was suited for my bike, but requires modification to fit.... So even if you buy something that will fit, it probably wont. Im so over buying **** like that.

Last edited:
Came stock..... think they started with yx then moved to lifan.

I have just bought some stuff and one of the items was suited for my bike, but requires modification to fit.... So even if you buy something that will fit, it probably wont. Im so over buying **** like that.

well thats a good way to shatter someones dreams...

iv already stated above that a z160ho will require an exhaust to suit...the motor will bolt straight in.

if you purchase your engine from dhz then you will get a wiring harness too. most other retailers dont offer this and when the customer gets home to realize this they start ranting and raving..which is fair enough because what good is the engine without it, and the retailer knows this..

only things that may prove to be a pain is
1. the bash plate (might need bending or re-drilling)
2. where the engine breather is on the engine.. klx style engines have 2 locations but i beleive the z160 have it in the location to clear the frame..

now im also guess that since the xr150 have come out with both style engines then theres no doubt the engine will fit unless they've used 2 different frames..

Latest posts

Back