new engine?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toddy

Reaction score
hey guys, im looking at swapin the engine on my dhz 125cc. right now its got a lifan 125 in it n lookin for sumthing with sum more guts to it. i hav been looking at either the gpx 125 engine or the pitster pro 155z engine.

just wondering which one is the better option? and how easy are they gunna be to swap. will both of them just bolt straight in? cheers for the help

go the 155... gpx 125 is basically what you'd get if you did all the mods to your current engine.... and the 155 will still kill it as stock....
plus with the 155 you pretty much have unlimited mods available if you ever want more power later on... but the stock 155 is pretty gutsy on it's own you probly won't need any more from it

how hards the 155 gunna be to put it? will it just bolt straight in? wiring etc?

physically the 155z will bolt into the frame, but you will have to change the exhaust header angle, either by using an adaptor from DHZ, or by cutting and shutting the stock exhaust... the lifan 125 exhaust port is on a different angle and position to the 155, and will thus not line up, and the wiring will be different, owing to the fact most of the 155's sold run an ORK. (Outer rotor kit).
However, they arent the hardest thing to wire up, but you will also need to consider the addition of an oil cooler.
I'm in adelaide too Toddy, so if you want some help with the installation, PM me, we can arrange something... i've wired a couple of 155's now, and completed an identical installation. (155z into the miniblitz, was running a non-oil cooled 125 zongshen. I can also fabricate a new exhaust header for you as well.
DVDrip is right though, the stock 155 will rip all over your 125... definately worth the upgrade. :)

cheers for that, ill pm u when i hav go the engine..
about the exhaust tho? is it possible to buy a big bore exhaust to fit the engine and my bike? to overcome that problem.. i was hoping to get a dhz duel muffler exhaust.. will that fit the engine and solve this problem?

yea mate you'll need a KLX head exhaust and the dual exhaust (as shit as it is) will fit the 155... then problem is solved... pipe adapters don't work

yeh but if i get a duel exhaust with a klx head to fit the engine it wont bolt up at the end where the mufflers will it? it wont hav to brakets i need?

is there a exhaust i can get that will fit the engine and bolt straight up to my bike?

Latest posts

Back