new engine

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R.Bmini_nut

Reaction score
i'm after a new engine and i am stuck between the GPX125 and the lifan 140
which should i go?
the engine is going in my new klx build and i have put aside 400 for a motor,
this will be my track bike.
any other sujestions are welcome

Hey mate after having this same debate over my friends engine the GPX is without doubt the better engine. It was chosen as a worthy upgrade after his Lifan 140 began to have a whole array f problems from gears to clutch. After chatting to the guys at motorbike city they said problems like these are common with the lifan 140's and strongly recommended that we should not even consider getting another.

Now onto the GPX 125cc, the engine packs a punch, after riding around my mates paddok the hting just wants to go and keep going... another few good features is the easily accessible oil filter which can be asily removed for cleaning and servicing also the enginew looks beast.

In conlcusion I highly recommend the GPX 125 over the 140cc Lifan, both are aroundf the same price mark but the GPX offers better reliability, punchier power (maximised through carby choice, oko recommended) and looks a ton better with a few handy featuers

Hope this helps

Regards
Carlton

I wouldn't place either near the top of my list...
KLX build? Gonna swap a Chinese motor in?

if u were in sydney a local shop has the z155 on special for $450 cash only

Damn! thats fair cheap! Aye in regards to the gpx 125, i'm also lookin at puttin one in my motovert soon, so the oko flatside carb will go straight on and run fine?? doesn't need upgrades??

Latest posts

Back