New G4 Tomahawk and riding gear just arrived

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

250cc4me

Reaction score
As the title says, my brand new 250cc G4 Tomahawk and riding gear just arrived and boy am I stoked.

I've been eagerly waiting and now shes here - I'm so stoked. And just as I thought I couldn't get any more happy/excited my riding gear arrived. Now I have a brand spanking new trail bike and full riding gear to boot :)

It was actually a little difficult finding the right combo and boots on a budget, as I couldn't justify spending more on riding gear then I did on the bike. So after hunting around all the local motorx stores across Adelaide (AU) I gave up and turned to the PC once more - and what a deal I found.

Rather then pay $200+ for a pair of boots, $150+ for pants and $30+ for a jersey, I got the whole kit and kaboodle for $230 delivered to my door from the USA - that's right, the USA. It's crazy I know, but I got, boots, riding pants and 2x jersey for only $230 delivered - and they arrived in less then 10 days - sure beats hunting around Adelaide for overpriced riding gear I recon :p

As soon as I have the bike together I'll post a photo or two of her, until then check me out - decked to the nines in my new riding gear :D

new-gear.jpg

you wouldn't think I was 5'9 from the photo lol​

More to come!

ahahah great picture that pose is trully stunning , gear looks sweet big fan of the goggles and colours looks sweet. $230 is so cheap as you said you'd be hard pressed to find a pair of new boots for that price in oz.

cheers mate.

I looked everywhere to get a cheap pair of decent looking boots, but couldn't find anything cheap that looked good. The cheapest boots I found where $159 and they where plain black and ugly.

I got all my gear online from a USA motox website called Sly Fox MX. The boots are still on sale too for US$74.95 (aproxx $83). You can see them HERE :)

A quick update.

I got the bike mid week and only just got the time to check her over and I must say it wasn't the best work I've seen.

Most of the nuts/bolts were loose (I mean, I could twist the swingarm bolt with my fingers) and the handle bars are pretty thin and look very cheap (I mean even cheaper then chinese, maybe Afghanistan cheap or something).

Also, the battery holder was too small, but a little persuasion with my friend the hammer fixed that :p

Anyhoo, I undid all nuts that held things on, put a few drops of locktite on and then tightened them all up. Hammered the battery holder walls out about 5 mil and all was good.

Until I started her up and I noticed that the throttle setup was shite, and that just bumping the cable will make the revs jump around.

The throttle cable goes straight through the top of the carby and only has a rubber boot and nothing to make sure there is no play in the throttle cable sheath. Also, just as the cable exits the carby there is not enough room for a smooth bend and so the cable hits up against the bottom of the fuel tank. Even when I adjust the cable to remove the sheath movement, all it does is increase the idle rev.

crap-cable.jpg

Not too crash hot, but it is not as bad as it sounds though and a few seconds after you bump it it drops the revs back down. And it only jumps up maybe 500-1000rpm, so it isn't all that dangerous. I'm not too worried though, as I'll be replacing the whole throttle setup, including the cable.

Apart from the throttle cable setup, the rest of the bike is pretty decent quality for the money. The engine pulls hard, the brakes stop me, and the suspension is fine.

And now some photos for you all. I removed the shitty stickers and think it looks much better for it, what do you all think :)

bike-1.jpg

bike-2.jpg

nice bike bro - was fun to ride at the Jams, she does got the grunt for sure - get some MODZ and it will be super - start with the rear swing arm man, id say try ebay and check measurments to get the right one!

whens our next ride?

Latest posts

Back