New head? New frame?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fane

Reaction score
Hey guys,

attachment.php

I have attached a photo to make things easier but the basic run down is that when having the bike upside down for some maintenance i noticed that i have cracks in the weld on the frame where the arrow is. There are 2 more welds infront of it that look like they hold onto a similar part and they arnt cracked. The welds are definately on the frame so obviously they arent posing a huge problem at the moment but im guessing that I better start looking at replacement frames or get it rewelded? what do you guys suggest? get a new/better frame or fix this current one or ride it til it just about falls apart on me?

Now, this is a newbie question but i adjusted the vavle clearances on the bike with huge success to the bike apart from one major thing - i snapped a bolt off as you may have read in my other thread so - i have bodged it up and everything is running good again but later down the track i am going to have to replace that part and i assume its the head? how much do you get when you upgrade the head? the V2 head i was looking at photos of doesnt look the same as this one completely - what other stuff will have to think about when replacing the head.

PS. replaced all the bolts with high tensile ones and its sooo much better

Attachments

• bike.jpg
    bike.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 50
i think it would be best if you actualy got a photo of these cracked welds

and for the head the v2 adds alot more power from what i have heard and seen but it is a fairly costly head of about 500 plus unless you know where to look and could probly find it cheaper

ill get a photo of the weld cracks tonight

if i was to replace the head id def go the V2 option, it will add a lot of performance . just over 500 from dhz but if you look on tbolt website they should be a little cheaper.

but if you want a replacement then hit wogtaz ryder up as i think he still has his old 155z head and may still be keen to sell it..

as for the frame, are you sure there cracks in the frame and not just cracks in the paint?
but yeah shoot some pics up, as it may just need to be plated and welded

Latest posts

Back