new motor

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sampitpro_138

Reaction score
hey all,
i am thinking about getting a new motor just wanting to know were i could pick up like a jailing 125 motor and roughly what they are worth. what are some other good engins out there dont want lifan or ducar or them china ones.

i know its still i china but its a better quality engin isnt it? as jailing is honda am i not correct?

so it would be a better quallity motor then say lifan and ducar correct? and does anyone know were i can buy one and a rough price or anyone selling one?

i thought it was better quality but ive read that there about the same i think lifan has done a deal with kawasaki could be wrong tho.

Give MOJO a call,Even better ask the boys about the new 115 DATONA donk,even better again......

A jailing is not a Honda lmao. In terms of reliability and quality goes I would say Jailing and Lifan are bother equal.

i havnt owned a jailing but from what i know i would have to agree with motoluver that jailing an lifan are equal

Lifan are great, havent owned a Jailing .. cant make an assumption

only owned jailings mojo have a jailings 125cc motor for 550 hit up mojomotorcycles.com.au

From what I understand is, that both lifan and Jialing are good motors Chinese manufactoried motors. Yet personally I believe Jialing engine is better for both price sake as well as the tec support from Honda.

i'd love to get that daytons but i couldnt justify spending $2000 on it when my bike is only a dhz with tons of new parts. i am interested in that 140 outlaw on mojo where can i pick one up in the brisbane area and are they $1000 liek the site says?

for 1k I was wondering why not just get the 150cc GPX then?

jialing over lifan anyday!!!!! i had a motovert 110 with a jialing (which is now jackos) and i never had a problem with it. then i got a new bike with lifan and that engine shit itself so i bought the lifan 140 and the drive chain shaft snapped and the kickstart shaft bent. jialings are much better quailty and its worth paying that bit extra for them.

GPX Problems !

Incidentally - I'm wondering how many people have had the same problems with their kick in gear Lifans 120/125/138/140 as they are having with Jialing GPX's over in the US !!!!

If you are going to report problems - do it with accompanying pics so that everyone knows you're being genuine ! :confused:

Crank case problems! - Planet Minis Forum

Planet Minis Forum

Planet Minis Forum

GPX Clutches blowing with big hp kits????? - Planet Minis Forum

Planet Minis Forum

Jialing/GPX clutch - Planet Minis Forum

Last edited:
Incidentally - I'm wondering how many people have had the same problems with their kick in gear Lifans 120/125/138/140 as they are having with Jialing GPX's over in the US !!!!

If you are going to report problems - do it with accompanying pics so that everyone knows you're being genuine ! :confused:

Crank case problems! - Planet Minis Forum

Planet Minis Forum

Planet Minis Forum

GPX Clutches blowing with big hp kits????? - Planet Minis Forum

Planet Minis Forum

Jialing/GPX clutch - Planet Minis Forum

I run both honda and jialings (gpx). I personally would not dare compare the jialing to the honda reliability. With that said I will add this about the jialing:

-they run good, are strong enough to pull a grown man along very well (no issues here!)
-have kick start problems '4 up tranny' (broken gears and broken cases, this is quite common!)
-shift problems '1dn 3up' tranny (yeah, it also has the kick start problem that the '4 up' motor has!)
-never buy the '1dn 3up' motors if you can get ahold of the '4 up' ones, better yet, go get a lifan 140cc instead
because so far I have not heard of a single kick start problem on the lifan 140 motors
-no quality control on china bikes (if it's assembled, they ship it, Period!) and they could give a damn less if you get seriously injured!

Honda:

-no kick start problems that I am personally aware of
-durable, good reputation, excellent quality control

Last edited:
i dont no alot about what engine is better,but if i had the money i would get a gpx 150,havnt heard alot about them but i have a gpx 125 and iv had it beating 140s and shit,iv had afew probs with the engine but that was my fualt,im looking to take mine out to a 140 but need more info on it,but i would go with a gpx 125,150 or 160

Latest posts

Back