New MSO 140sr Midsize

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dreadful

Mini Riders Legend
Reaction score
Ok crew finally got a look at the puppy yesterday...didn't get much of a ride but Durant's got one on the way and I won't be far behind but I'll get some snaps up soon but I can tell ya a bit about the bike and how the model came about.
Kenny ,Durant Durant and Myself were present at the 50sBrotherhood industry shootout and we got a chance to check out most of the other top class bikes in the industy...we were pretty impressed with the vert's handling, frame and Ergos but we were a bit suss on the motor ... in particular the shorter stroke and tendency to overheat when pushed..we had oil temps checked on all the bikes and the vert was near 140 degrees:eek: after a good flogging, but still waaay hotter than the Lifans.We thought the bike would run well with a lifan140 and we could drop the price with a different choice of suspenders.
So three days after the shootout Kenny left for china to bring back a midsize model.....This is what he has brought back.:D
It's basically the same frame and swinger as the new vert but with a 140 lifan, Dnm rear shock ,and killer new graphics.The forks are cool too plenty of travel and rebound and comp on each leg so they should set up well.The new m.s.o bars are great and over all the bike has a great feel from the bars to the pegs.
Like I said didn't get much of a ride but the little squirt I had was enough to sell me on one ....When Durant's gets here in a week or so I'll write more and post pics ...but yeah at $2,500 another awsome addition to the range and I think Kenny's kicked another goal, Bushy's already throwin em out the door at Fittycoast and you'll see a few at the SX.:cool:

Last edited:
HERE'S A SHOT

sxshot.jpg

Very nice,good to see more midsize bikes coming out.I'll have to check one out in the flesh but pics look real good,might have to jump on their site and have a closer look at the specs.

:D Sorry bruz I only got black....maybe a white one on the site ...and there's a white one in the Brotherhood ad.

Here is a white one brother. I will post up some detail shots tomorrow.

Attachments

• SR1.jpg
    SR1.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 104
Sorry it's been a bit hectic but we'll have some photos and specs on our site soon, we'll let you know when both the new models are on there.

I've got my fingers crossed to get one of these

looks bloody sweet,but trying to toss up whether its worth twice the price of my 140xr?Thats probably the only thing stopping me from saying that is my next bike!!

looks bloody sweet,but trying to toss up whether its worth twice the price of my 140xr?Thats probably the only thing stopping me from saying that is my next bike!!

I'd say yeah ..all day ...but I ride with em.:D

But look at it this way .... I live in the mountains at Jindabyne and have been riding downhillers at Thredbo for years so I know what that Giant is worth (nice ride by the way) ....but yeah do you think the Giant is worth twice as much as something you can pick up on ebay as cheap as shit ??

Of course ya do ...and so do I...WE KNOW IT IS ...

Yet some can't see the value and think the thing they snapped up on ebay is as good as your Giant....till the thing they snapped up on ebay snaps .:D

Besides you are a downhiller and it's got another inch of travel.:D

Yeah I hear ya Dreadful,only trouble is the pitpro just keeps handling everything I throw at it,so for now I can't complain.But if the day comes that it snaps I'm sure I'll be in full agreement with ya.But yeah if I wasn't on the pitpro that bike would be firmly in my sights.

Yeah bruz I hear you too ..but I can't help myself gotta have one.LOL

My mate Roycey used to twirl spanners for the Giant team ...I stacked this carbon fibre THING he had out the patch one day....I took a corner waaay to fast but the bike just felt too good ...I remember thinking a nano second before I came off " I'M ALL OVER THIS "...I got folded like a deckchair

And needless to say Roycey was far from pleased....Scratched it up pretty good.LOL

Yeah carbon is great until you stack,a few guys I know run carbon bars on their downhill bikes and every time they have an off panic sets in...."OH NO what if I've chipped 'em".I know I'd hate to have my bars snap after landing an 8mtr road gap coz I didn't notice that tiny chip from the last stack.

Linda and I predicted you'd have something to say about this matter Dreadful :p

Anyway my 140SR is coming this week :)

Funnily enough pics will be in 50's Brotherhood lol.

Edit: A last minute change of mind means I'll be getting an MSO Pro instead of the 140SR, due to budget and suitability to motarding. The SR would have been very very nice though but I'm happy with my decision. Keep an eye out for it in the next issue of 50's Brotherhood ;)

Last edited:
".I know I'd hate to have my bars snap after landing an 8mtr road gap coz I didn't notice that tiny chip from the last stack.

Yeah don't rate it either mate (trendy but usless) and yeah hate to snap anything, even a spoke on an 8m roady.:eek:

Squeeby, I been riding a pro for a few months as i sort out a few things before I get the newy....hasn't let me down mate and I'm a monster,I'm sure it'll do the job for ya mate ...keen to see it in race trim too, I'll be up to bang bars with ya's at Archerfield this year sometime.:cool:

Sounds good Dreadful, the more the merrier haha.

OK here's the specs

MSO140SR RRP $2495

Lifan 140cc big valve head motor with new design performance carburettor

Midsize chromoly frame with cradle and removable subframe alloy swingarm

New DNM MT-RC 1000lbs shock with compression and rebound adjustment

MSO Racing USD long travel forks with compression and rebound adjustment in each leg

Big bore 32mm exhaust with lightweight performance muffler

Engine Single cylinder 4stroke, air-oil cooled

Displacement 140cc with Big Valve Head

Bore & Stroke 55 x 59 mm

Ignition CDI unit

Carburettor New 26mm carburettor

Starting system Kick start, Start at any gear

Gearbox 4 speed tranny all up (N1234)

Frame Chromoly high strength double tube frame, 3 point engine mount (Full Cradle), removable sub frame, 6061 alloy swingarm with removable shock mount

Controls Alloy handle bar, alloy levers, quarter turn throttle

Front suspension MSO Racing inverted forks, adjustable compression and rebound in each leg

Rear suspension Alloy swing arm, DNM MT RC shock with adjustable compression and rebound

Front wheel INNOVA Tough Gear 2.50x14 alloy rim, alloy hub

Rear wheel INNOVA Tough Gear 3.00x12 alloy rim, alloy hub

Front brake Standard 205mm disc, single piston calliper

Rear brake Standard 185mm disc, single piston calliper, CNC over the top brake pedal

Exhaust Lightweight Alloy Muffler, 32mm Stainless Exhaust

Seat Gripper tall seat

Fuel capacity 3 L

Colour Black or White

Latest posts

Back