New pimpit range vs MSO

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motoXXX

Reaction score
hey guys im in the look for a new pitty and i just had abit of a look at the new pimpit range and geez i think there up there with the MSO sr/sx for half the price

I AM IN NO WAY TRYING TO ADVERTISE PIMPIT OR MSO BIKES JUST COMPARING THE TOO

the pimpit bike's seem to have the same forks as on the MSO SR/SX,same style KLX, similar bars,DNM copy rear shock everything u see on the sr the pimpit bikes have and the pimpits are only $1500 and the MSO SR is $2400 i think..

the pimpit for $1500 you can also choose if you want a 150cc lifan or 150cc yx engine you can also get them in 140cc which is a little cheaper i think...

the pimpit bikes are full of BILLET ware hubs,kickstarter,exhayst,throttle,pegs,gear shifter,sprocket,swingarm components etc etc and i cant see much on the mso sr

the forks are compression and rebound adjustable on the pimpit and the sr and they look the same BOTH mazoochi rep's

if you check out this link your can see the forks are the same as the mso and the triple clamp looks the same also

MSO Motocycles - MSO 140SR

PIMPIT INDUSTRIES AUSTRALIA - PIMPIT GANGSTER PIT BIKE 140 OR 150

with the pimpit gangster range you can choose if you want DNM or fastace rear shock which is a good idea

what bike do you guys think is better,better value for money, and just better all round

I HAVE NO DOUBT THAT MSO ARE GREAT BIKES AND THEY HAVE AAAAAAAAAAAA++++++++
AFTER SALE SERVICE BUT IS THAT REALY WORTH THE EXTRA $1000...???

Last edited:
id go the pimpit it seems just as good but half the price:D
does anyone on this site own one yet theres been a few threads about them asking if they should get one or not so has anyone got one cos i dont know of anyone that has?

Ok, this is how I see the deal from PIMPIT because I have talked to him, but don't quote this as gospel ...

The PIPMIT Gangster is not a bike carried in stock, and is ordered from the factory on an as needed basis. It can be customised for you before it leaves the factory.
This is mainly because there are engine and suspension options.
It requires a 50% deposit when you order, and another 50% apon shipment.

This is a slightly different way of doing things, but results in lower overheads for PIMPIT, thus a bike that is $1000 cheaper from anything similar. Its win win for everybody, but you just have to be patient, usually upto 6 weeks.

yeah they do look pretty much the same to me too + thos protapers on that pimpit look sik:D

Last edited:
tbh id wait that 6 weeks for shipment...it takes me 6 weeks to make 1000 anyway LOL

theres a user called Mutley that ownes one send him a pm or sumthin asking what there like:D

Triples not the same ...back swinger ,shock not same geniune DNM on the MSO ...have a CLOSE look at the headstem not the same ...mso is thicker around stem ... by a fair bit when you really look at it and by the side view alone it's clearly not the same frame ....my MSO frame also has a manufacterers badge on the front of the headstem with date of manufacter , model etc etc on the frame ........can't see it on the other.This badge proves the frame was manufactered for MSO ...as anyone knows you can buy 5 different grades of this frame ...sometimes from the same factory ....without a badge on the front chances are it aint the top of the line..... with a thinner headstem it sure as sh@t aint as strong... the grips look a bit shitty and cheap for genuine pro tapers ...don't remember em writing take control on the pad either ?? maybe I'm wrong but wouldn't be suprised if the bars are copies like the rear shock. ......what's with the bashplate ??? seems a bit short .

no one on here pays 2,400 either ... it's closer to 2,000 and yeah for a real shock stronger frame and triples and aftersales I reckon it's worth the extra 5 hungy all day

I reckon the graphics are a bit gay too ...but that's no biggy .

My 2 cents .... and yeah everyone knows I roll with MSO:cool:

Man you guys are uptight ... I mention the new PIMPIT range and im advertising. I don't work for PIMPIT. Someone mentions PITPRO, but thats ok, PITPRO don't pay to advertise on here.

And you get pissed off about someone mentioning ozpitbike.com. OZPITBIKE.com is non commercial, no paid advertisements. The only products advertised are ones discounted for members.

It is a resource site, just like many other sites of its kind around the world. Why are you so threatened by a bit of competition ???

You guys have no idea about the real world ... when you grow up and leave school, and get rid of ur pimples, maybe you will realise what twats you have been.

This forum is so lame these days. How many threads need to be started about this bike v's that bike. How many Pimpit/Pitpro/Atomik/DHZ'S or any of the other cheapass bikes around these days were in the top 10 of the open class at the Mini SX or Mini Moto Mayhem. The answer is stuff all. Plenty of them in the amatuer classes though. The reason why? Because the really fast guys don't ride them that's why. The racers want a race bike and not some dressed up playbike, all that billet is just an attempt to polish a turd. That's the difference between the MSO & the others. So bring on the next waste of time thread and lets do it all again for the kiddies that haven't learn't yet.

Hey binking, not everyone is going to race at the nationals, only a very small percentage in actuall fact. The sport is about the amatures, and fostering talent ... And ammatures arent going to invest thousands in a first bike ...

I think your attitude is typical of some of the big heads around here who think they are better than everybody else. All you acheive with your oneupmanship is to intimidate the ammatures and make them think they are not good enough to post ... grow up

Last edited:
Im not working for them ... and they do advertise on this site actually. I saw a PIMPIT add in the Google adds just the other day.

This site is full of google adds ... if I was a paid advertiser, I wouldn't be too happy about it either.

So the only proof of a good bike is in competition aye ? A bit like saying your Ford Falcon is no good because it cant compete against a Formula 1 car.

Horses for courses, not everyone has the money or the expertise to race at that level so they look for the best value they can afford.

i think this thread is a good source of information
alot of young riders dnt know wat to buy and they would see the pimpit and think sick its got heaps of colours and think it way betre than the sr (i know it happined to me when i got my first bike)
but if they read a thread like this they will understand the difference in quility
and now use have just ruined a great thread buy arguing

if u havnt got something decent to contribute then dont

here's a story for you kids

a mate of mine rides an atomik agy21 p.o.s
we where hitting a jump one day at perry rd and he couldn't even get close to clearing it
so i put him on the vert for a few laps and he got it first go looked like a pro
problem solved he no longer rides an atomik he rides a real bike (vert)

now i myself have riden atomiks and shit pro's and other nothing chinas and i wouldn't change from the quality of my bike
i ride pretty good and would be pretty competitive on the race track and would have been there if it wasn't for a busted knee

now i reckon binking is on to somthing (sorta) he said a test of a bike is in race conditions and untill we see the pimpit or atomik or pitpro even show up to a race then i might show them some respect
but until that day they are all a dogs breakfest to me

i mean you should read the real story behind the shoot out
i've herd storys of the riders doin 1 lap on the dmx and handing it back because it was unsafe
they tell me the pitpro was very similar

m2c have fun

Fair enough. I don't recall saying anything derogatory about anybody until someone said something about me. I don't get on here to sound like a wanker and motoxxx if you are ever around my way you can drop into my garage to see what experience I have with bikes, you might be very suprised. The problem with the thread is that comparing the two bikes you are comparing doesn't make sense. It sounds to me like you have already decided which way you are going. Someone made a comment about comparing a Ford falcon to an F1 car, again doesn't make sense. Compare apples with apples is all i'm trying to say. The bikes are in different price ranges for a reason.

yep agreed

but i reckon i could put a complete novice on a decent bike and it wouldn't take him long to beat me on the pimpit or other bike of similar quality
i dont know i reckon the dhz's would be better
how does yours compare to a crappy china or even a dmx pro or 140xr if you've eva riden one

i will admit that i do like these bikes more than the stock shitpros and atomiks

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back