New Pit Bike 125 wont start!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stav125

Reaction score
Hello im new to mini bikes well bikes in general. I bought a Ducar 125 off Ebay last week. This bike is direct from china so the manual might as well been written by a 5 year old. I have been unable to get the bike started. I not sure what the problem is but the kick start goes throught the moations but doesnt seem to start. Totally lost here. I checked the fuel line seems to letting fuel through. How do I check the spark plug?

Note brand new bikes take quite a few kicks to get started this is normal.

first for a bike to start it needs compression, fuel and spark. make sure the fuel is getting into the carbi by turning on the fuel tap near the carbi. if you have done this test for spark.

undo the spark plug and take it out of the motor, insert it back into the plug and hold it on the motor or the exhaust. then kick it over a few times and you should see a little blue spark. if not take the tank off and check that the wires are connected properly.

if you still have no spark then either your ignition coil may not be connected properly same with the cdi unit(usually hiding up under the tank somewhere,little black box with about 5 wires going into it.) if it still doesn't work one of these parts is probably defective.

Note brand new bikes take quite a few kicks to get started this is normal.

hope this helps.
cheers
callan

all wiring appears to be connected. there is little black box under the seat seems to be connected. There is also a two pronged connector under the front brake, it doesnt have a cap on it. Do you know if it is meant to have a cap on it? can provide pic.

all wiring appears to be connected. there is little black box under the seat seems to be connected. There is also a two pronged connector under the front brake, it doesnt have a cap on it. Do you know if it is meant to have a cap on it? can provide pic.

My other bike with the Ducar motor has that aswel... I have no idea what its for and mine doesnt have a cap or anything over it also... It took like 5 minutes of kicking to get my Ducar fired up for the first time. But it took my new bike with the Lifan 140 2 kicks lol.

hi all appreciate the help here. Removed spark plug and re connected to line and then held the end of the spark against the exhaust cover and then kick the bike over a few times. Couldnt see any spark?? does this mean the spark plug is kaktus or the little black box it connects to?

saw a spark when i put against the exhaust! Still trying to kick over!!

did YOU put the fuel hoses on the carby?

are you certain you have them on the correct places?

can you post a pic of the carby area???

i got my bike last week, and wouldnt start, found the fuel feed hose was on the wrong spot!!!

Last edited:
ok im presuming you have read through the topics about what to do when you first get a bike, in regards to the bolts, chain, oils, etc....!??

The two pronged switch under the front brake lever is a micro switch, its what lets the globe know what to do if you hook up a brake light... carfully undo that and post it to me... :p this should get your bike started lol..-not really.. but you never know!

Oh these bikes wont start in gear with the clutch in either mate.. find neutral.... gently turn the motor over a few times.. you will be able to feel the compression stroke.. then try to kick some life into her...

Keep us informed as to how you go!

Hi all I thought I would post a reply to let you kow hwat happened. I got the bike started. Apparently holding the clutch in whilst in neutral would not allow it to start once i had the bike in neutral and let go of the clutch it started strat away. I can hear people syaing dah but I thought you should always start with the clutch in. Anyway all good now cheers for the help

Congrats, That is why a start in any gear motor is prefferd by most riders. At least you got to go over your bike and learn a bit about it. If you ever have problems with it not starting etc. Always follow this order and you should find the problem real quick.
1. check fuel in tank.
2. check if you have spark (you already did this)
3. Check carby

ok just for info, the 2 prong things under the brake are if u want to connect up a brake light.

Latest posts

Back