New pit bike owner's blues

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K1L3RB

Reaction score
Hi, Just recently bought a 140 pit bike, unsure of what the make is, but i've been told the engine is a lifan 140cc. There are no markings from what i can see to tell me it's a Lifan however. My issue is the kickstart wont work. I was told it's the spring on the oposite side, should be easy enough to fix really. I'm not too sure where to get one from, or even where to start with this bike. I probably should of researched a bit more before i bought it, but now i'm stuck with a piece of junk that i cant get running.

A couple other issues i have is for some reason the entire rear brake assembly, including the brake lever was removed. I think to install an alloy swingarm, as it looks like it was replaced at some stage. There are no hub adjustment screws, and the front tyre keeps going flat. I managed to push start the bike, and it was running fine until i gassed it up a hill, then was breaking up kinda. Might have had the choke half on, not sure about that one.

If anyone can help me with my problems, or even identify the bike if i take a pic, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks people, Adam

Last edited:
An all too familiar story.

Throw up some pics and someone will be able to identify it for you.

Logic

May have done ya kickstart shaft which is a bit of a mission as you'll need to split the case ... the rest sounds like tuning and puncture repair .

I chcked the bike last night and took a few pictures. I think I bought a ****box TDR Pro 140cc. I've seen a few forum posts to give me the impression that these aren't worth the dirt they're riding on, but is there any reason that it 'can't' be a decent bike with a bit of fine tuning? Are the frames on these so badly made that I'd be better of swapping the running gear onto my push bike... :p

That aside, does anyone know where I could get a set of rear brakes for it, including the brake lever? I don't mind spending a little bit on it if I can make it reliable enough. Are the brakes a direct swap for other pit bikes? Maybe post up an eBay link if u know of one.

Cheers, Adam.

Forget the rear brake at the moment.

Most people never even use them. I dont have them on either of my bikes.

You can find one on dhz.com.au if you feel you need one.

If you have done your kick start gears you are up for some work.

logic

Hey mate

throw up some pics so we can all see, TDR bikes are one of the cheapest bikes you can get BUT in saying that if you spend a lil bit of cash you can turn it into a good bike, my sister has a 125 semi auto electric start 2011 model TDR and its great, just depends what ya use it for, if you wanna spend some cahs and want a mini have a look at ciniworx, pitpro, dhz etc,

Latest posts

Back