New RX50, runs like crap.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boosted brick

Reaction score
Just picked up a new Motovert RX50.. But it runs like crap. Has no power, it is really slow to rev, pretty much not enough power to change upto third and has a really high idle. Any ideas on what i should be looking at? or anything i should do.

chers

Ok no seriously... Some of these might sound stupid:
Check Choke, try running without air filter, clean carby, check fuel flow from tank. How does compression feel? Is it easy to kick? Carby could need rejetting but i wouldn't think so as it is brand new and unmodified...

Cant get it over 28 in second, put it in third and it starts slowing... Kick and electric start are fine, ive tried no airfilter/new filter. Fuel appears fine, ive tried the tap in different positions. How far should the chock open up?

Its got a mikuni carb, theres a spare hose comeing out the top of it thats just sitting there not connected up. and the origional are filter box, had a hose comeing out the top of that that is bent like its meant to hook upto something but didnt. The free end had a hose clamp on it. stock airbox has since been removed and replaced with a new filter.

Either of these two meant to be used? on my old honda when a hose from the airbox to a sensor was knocked off it wouldnt run rite, no power, slow to rev.

Ok, i pulled the carby out and gave it a good clean, changed to a lighter oil, higher octane fuel. Zero change.

Played with the needle jet(mikuni carb, the one on the top?). 1 been lean, 5 been rich. It was set on 4, i moved it to 5 and made it worse. tried 3 and it got worse, the dealer reckond it should of been on 3 from standard. So back to 4, tried palying with the mixture setting(mikuni round barrel, so mixture is next to the idle screw) and didnt do bugger all.

So im out of options, maybe jetting? carbies arnt my area... mite go find a workshop to look at it.

sell it to me ill take care of the headaches for ya
seriously ill buy it if ya cant be fucked

how much u want?

and dont forget its a 49cc so it aint gonna haull at all :p

Im not expecting it to haul at all, but id expect atleast abitmore than 28kph.... ive had a couple of 50cc scoots and bikes in the past.. that would easly pull 60.

But its definatly not running rite, i just cant workout why. I dont plan on keeping the 50cc anyway, i just dont didnt have the cash to swap over to a 140 for now.

how much u pay for the 50cc rx and were u by it from

Hey,

i have just bought one of the new rx50's as well. There was a retrictor plate in the head that i had to take out to make it go a bit quicker also. I have changed my motor to the manual version and seems to run heaps better...... so maybe give that a go??:confused: The lettle plate has like a 8mm hole in it restricting it so they could get it through the ADR.

Ok i know this is an old thread but i want to have my say just in case any one else has this problem in future....
The rx50 is built to conform with qld and melbourne laws in which you can ride these bikes with just a car license, this means the bikes are restricted to 40klms max (unless you find a decent hill) no matter what you do, saying that i mean put a different exhaust on, take the restrictor plate from between the manifold and carby, plug the pollution gear holes etc you just wont get any more out of it. If you were really keen to keep the 50 in it you could get a different head cam it up and the rest of it, but why bother?????????
If you buy one new you don't have to get a pink slip for 4-5 years by that time the bike or you will be broken so just get a bigger motor (one that has the 5 wires) wack it in and your done! Ive been pulled up by the fuzz and they dont even look at the motor. With just a 125 mine pulls round 90k's.

Latest posts

Back