NEW SA 50s RACING CLUB.............

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats the best thing I have ever read on this site....I was nearly getting ready to give the whole mini thing the flick and sell my bike..
What will the junior racing be? I have a 7yr old who rides his peewee, and is needing an upgrade, will they be racing 50s as well or somethin more long the lines of stock crfs

Thats the best thing I have ever read on this site....I was nearly getting ready to give the whole mini thing the flick and sell my bike..
What will the junior racing be? I have a 7yr old who rides his peewee, and is needing an upgrade, will they be racing 50s as well or somethin more long the lines of stock crfs

I have a 3.5 yr old whos now ripping it up, bring on the kids races:D

Any body got a suggestion as to were to take a young kid ridin this weekend were he wont get harased by a) older kids and dicks b) police????

Maybe Stonewell park that has a kids track and another warm up track he could ride on.

But theres still big bikes around the tracks

OK Crew here is a little update for you. The club reg has been done and we are now waiting for the insurance side of things to be finalised. The first track that will be available will be finished by the end of this month and ready waiting for the other required red tape to be waded through. If you have not registered with Brian at Maylands Performance or emailed on the link on SA Fun Bikes site dont grizzle when you dont here whats happening. We are also going to cater for social riding as well as competition and no doubt the social ride days will be at the same tracks that the comps will be at (on different days ), so you guys that are a bit unsure about the racing will at least have riden on the same tracks and will have an idea what its about.

Thats awsome, really excited. Can you give us any idea of where abouts the track is? Just so I know if its close or far away?

Also, I emailed the link on the safb website and havnt got any emails/updates from them, have they been sent?

Cant wait to see this new track when its done!! :D

Thats awsome, really excited. Can you give us any idea of where abouts the track is? Just so I know if its close or far away?

yeah, just a ruff area, dosnt need to be an exact address

and also how much will it cost to be a member?

thanks, Andrew

Hi guys.
I have contacted the relevant insurance company and now we have to wait until the "Suits" that act as policy brokers have finished looking over the info I have given them....Then depending on whether they like or dislike Pitbike racing they will then either quote our SA club a reasonable figure or something so over the top no-one is even able to afford the insurance !
That is where we stand at present guys.!

Cheers Brian

Also, I emailed the link on the safb website and havnt got any emails/updates from them, have they been sent?

Cant wait to see this new track when its done!! :D

Just past Two Wells

can big bikes ride it lol

Not a hope in hell. Big bikes will not be allowed at this track it has been designed for 50's only. Does it need to be any clearer than that?

Last edited:
Well that wipes out us guys (7) from Murray Bridge out!!!

Remember its only te first track that we will be using. If you know someone that is willing to share their track with the club, let us know. The club is not in a position (yet) to get its own track. We are utilising private tracks and will there fore be moving around from venue to venue as the other tracks come on line. There is talk of one at Tailem Bend amongst others. So dont be too dishartened. Guys like me have to travel just as far as you to get to this new track. Anything at this stage is better than nothing, especially if its a purpose built 50 track.

This is sounding so good! Two Wells isnt too far from me so thats good aswell.

You might very well be able to use the track thats getting built at my house (in the hills, 20k's from the city) but still making alot of decisions on what to do with it, we have the land and the resources but the only thing stopping us is the land is on a hill and we would either have to make a big flat area or carve the track out of the hill, both options would probably be fairly costly and theres also the risk that the track will turn out bad.

thats like over an hour from my place but hopfully ill be able to get there somehow when racing starts

cool its looking good, cant wait to ride on it. any idear when it will be up and running?

Hi Guys.
The track is coming along well Mcanix is out with a bobcat again this weekend doing more work on the Jumps etc.
I am still battling the friggin Insurance companies ,you would think they would be falling over their ugly butts to sell the AFFA club insurance..The score so far is 15 phone calls to Insurance company brokers & Only 1 phone call returned to me from the mongrels...GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR !
These Insurance brokers claim they dont even know what a Pitbike is Pffffft !

No wonder serious 50's racing and clubs are having such a hard time taking off in Australia !
I am continuing to try and sort out the Insurance side of things even if it kills me.Once it is sorted the track owners and the club will be able to breath a sigh of relief and get the Pitties out there and Braaaping.

Cheers Brian

Latest posts

Back