New SE Qld track in the works

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok from what I can gather from the people I have been talking to is that while there is a DB limit (apparently 85db for us not 92db??) they are not testing individual bikes instead forcing everyone to run a control muffler. The setup that they are using is a 1 piece setup with the muffler not being able to be removed from the header pipe. This setup suits non perimeter CRF style bikes, so if you have a perimeter frame or KLX based frame your outta luck.

This means that for the time being I will not be able to attend at all being that my bike is KLX based and I'm not driving 2+ hrs each way to get told I can't ride and go home. Also to put it quite bluntly I am more then happy to comply with reasonable restrictions and noise limits but 85db if that is what they are enforcing is a joke, my street legal ADR compliant bike is 90db stock, good enough for the road but to loud for a race track ? not to mention that pretty much every single other race track that I know of if they are restricting noise are only going as low as 96db so why should lakeside be so low ?

i knew this would be a problem

bloody council ,they ruined a awsome v8 track so why not stuff up a few mini bikes as well

tossers,best of luck with it boys

Yes spoon the limit is 85db and this is particularly quiet but everyone that comes there has the same limit so it’s not like anyone is disadvantaged by it. The pipes will fit most bikes (I have one on my crf style perimeter framed bike). Unfortunately the council has set this limit but the quality of the track more than makes up for it. The plan is that soon there will be regular race meetings held at lakeside; it is even possible that there will be a 3 round series held at 3 different tracks one of which will be lakeside.

Saber

bloody awesome track love it to bits
pipes will fit:
perimeter framed crf style
internal framed crf and klx style
yx 150 engines
lifan 150 engines
and standard china engines

I got the word today that the next practice day at lakeside will be Sunday the 20th July from 10am to 1pm

Saber

I read about the motard escapades in the rain the other day at Lakeside, not one rider down. A good start.

yep squeeby it was a gr8 day (despite the weather)it's amazing how much grip you can get in the wet. it was also suprising that no one came unstuck when you consider the speed that can be atained on this track the main is realy long (in comparison). the track has a briliant surface so I guess that helps, as well as the fact that there is lots of grass to use if you find yourself slightly over cooking it

Saber
PS: hows your dad squeeby? hope all good :)

lol grip in the wet what are you on about :p Was slippery as at Archerfield but hey maybe you're right about this Lakeside surface. Dad's obviously been slowed down in his work but the arm doesn't seem to be causing too much pain. He's been reading bike mags and watching bike vis A LOT lately though haha.

Qld Raceway Go-Kart track is slippery then the road when it is wet and it has a great surface, Archerfield isn't to bad, I think its all in the mind and being a new track you would not have been trying to keep on dry track pace and being such an open track it would always be fast.

Look forward to reports and pictures of the next day when she is dry

I just got the call the track sesion for this weekend is postponed untill the
27th because the paramedic cant make it there

Saber

ok everyone lakeside is on this weekend sunday the 10th. Practice 9.30am till 12.30.
Last track day I ran a standard exhaust with a quiet muffler fitted as a slip on this has been ok'd, the only stipulation is that no one modifys the internals of the muffler. So those with bikes that a standard crf style header wont fit on can now modify a quiet muffler to fit their original header

Saber

It was another fantastic day with some very spirited riding this track is awsome fun.
Hopefully will have some pics to post later this week when I get them from the photgrapher

Saber

Hiya
Just letting you all know that unless the guy that organises this gets a few more numbers there is a possiblity that the track will be taken over by go karts :( or the price will be jacked up so the go karts cant take the track.

The next meet is on the 21st the orginal post was incorrect reg prices and times its actually $55 for a year lience which you can use on any Qld raceway track for anysort of motor sport and its $20 per f/n which covers the riding time from 9 am - 1 pm the only time they do the 15 min sessions is if their is a fair amount of children wanting to ride that day so its 15 - 20 mins for adults then 15 - 20 mins for children

Hope to see some more numbers out riding next time it would be ashame if the go karters stole the track theres not many places in north brisbane to ride ( legally that is )

hopefully the karts dont displace us. We missed this weekend as uni commitments got in the way but we will be there for the 21st 4 sure as I am suffering motard withdrawal.

Saber

:D Sabertooth_buterfly know the feeling I cant ride atm but my other half has been I still love going to watch we miss a weekend and I dont feel the same

:rolleyes: wonder if we have bumped into you there

probably Bumble my bike is the black and white one with a pink tribal buterfly on the front plate, I wear black and white leathers with a pink helmet.
Also only senior class female riding there so far... comeon girls where are you?? I could use some support out there lol.

Saber
PS: if you see me come over and say hi

I'll make sure I keep my eye out next meet you bike sounds awsome Im the crazy nut usually walking around with a little baby

There has been another female rider once or twice didnt see her yesterday though so dunno if she might not be returning

thats cool I havnt seen any other fem riders but I did miss the last two ride days due to uni assignments

Saber

the orginal post was incorrect reg prices and times its actually $55 for a year lience which you can use on any Qld raceway track for anysort of motor sport

Careful you don't shoot yourself in the foot there.
I'm sure what you meant to say was the license covers you for any event run under the "Australian Auto Sport Alliance" banner. If you turn up to say QR Go-cart track for supermotard with a AASA license they won't accept it as they run under the MA Qld banner.

Not trying to pick on you just making sure people don't receive incorrect info.

Btw I think if they sort out there bike setup rubbish with exhaust restrictions ect they may have a good chance of getting more people. With the initial $55 license fee and $20 for the session, getting slogged with another $30 for a rubbish exhaust means it cost you over $100 for your first ride.....
Not to mention that there is now a chance of paying that outlay and having the sessions canceled.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back