New SE Qld track in the works

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The exhast setup isnt a problem the muffler can be adapted to any bike the only thing is no mod's to the muffler itself

This exhaust is track legal as the muffler is totaly un modified

Saber
PS: spoon what is the cost of a 12 month MA lisence?

My problem with the exhaust is, as stated from day 1 that its a crap exhaust. Yes everyone has to run them so nobody has any advantage/ disadvantage, all well and good if the only place you ride is at Lakeside. I did alot of looking around before I bought my current exhaust and it has an awesome sound and flows really well. Now if I take the can off and whack one of those POS cans on I will have to retune my carb for the bike to run properly. Then when I go to another track I will have to deal with diminished power due to crap exhaust or refit my good can again and retune my carby again. Thats alot of stuffing around just to ride a different race track.

As with alot of people money is tight for me at the moment, now I would have to work out some way to get one of those cans to me as its to far to drive and pick it up. Would then have to stuff around fitting it, retune carb, blah blah blah.

To do the first ride the cost would be huge for me
$30 + postage for exhaust (stuff to make it fit $$ ?)
$55 licensing fee
$20 for the session
$40-$60 in fuel, 400ish K return trip
$5 fuel for the bike
So thats what like $160 already, I know location isn't on my side with this one so maybe the northen folk won't have this kind of outlay but still there first time looking at a minimum of $105 just for license, session, exhaust. $85 of that is basically wasted if the sessions get canceled. Maybe more in perspective if you say its 1/10 the cost of most pittys....... Lets not forget here that my bike is already setup either, others will be looking at outlays for wheels + tyres. Can be a very expensive way to see if you like minimotard.

Ditch the exhaust rubbish, make people aware of the $20 1 day license as it will cut the cost if they just wanna try it and get some cheap wheelsets (just the cheap 12 x 2.15" kenda 90/90-12 sets) available for loan ($5 for the day?) and you will get more people interested.

btw 12 month MA recreational license is $85 from memory
you can get a day license for $20 if you go to a one off thing normally tho

Careful you don't shoot yourself in the foot there.
I'm sure what you meant to say was the license covers you for any event run under the "Australian Auto Sport Alliance" banner. If you turn up to say QR Go-cart track for supermotard with a AASA license they won't accept it as they run under the MA Qld banner.

Not trying to pick on you just making sure people don't receive incorrect info.

Btw I think if they sort out there bike setup rubbish with exhaust restrictions ect they may have a good chance of getting more people. With the initial $55 license fee and $20 for the session, getting slogged with another $30 for a rubbish exhaust means it cost you over $100 for your first ride.....
Not to mention that there is now a chance of paying that outlay and having the sessions canceled.

Totally get wat you mean I may have mis read the info that the organisers had printed for us will look into it again once I find the darn paper :D

Agree 100 % with the exhust stuff my other half has to change his exhust each week as we go to a different place in between lakeside day's

totally random but The orgainzers are making out that the go kater's can take over the track right now surly not if they have had people pay for a years license ????

I just got the info straight from the management we have a solid agreement for track access for a minimum of 12 months no if's or but's.
there is a solid commitment from the managment of lakeside to support mini riding in general, they are constructing a junior dirt track there right now.
Yes there is an option for a 1 day licence for those who wish to try it out.
there is no need to do anything to your bike to come try out except the exhaust change, we have had a few come out with dirt tires.
This equals $20 track fee $20 day lisence $30 exhaust =$70 to come have a one time try, in comparison $66 gets you one hour run time at big kart track in an underpowered shoping trolly lol.
I agree that it would be great if we could run whatever muffler, I'd personaly prefer to run my pro circuit but in my estimation when it's the choice of having a track or not then the quiet muffler isn't such a bad comprimise.

Saber

Last edited:
Hey guys i was just reading about the Db limits at Lakeside and was wondering if you would be able to run a custom made muffler if you got proof it was under the Db limit?

Hey guys i was just reading about the Db limits at Lakeside and was wondering if you would be able to run a custom made muffler if you got proof it was under the Db limit?

No

I inquired the same as I was simply going to make up a baffle insert for mine but was told its there can or no track, no exceptions.

That sucks. I cant run a big can on either of my bikes without massive mods to the pipes and burns in the case of the Z

sorry Custom it is a one make muffler only, the reason for this is because the way the testing is done is different to the way that main roads approved exhaust shops do it. ADR testing is done at a certain percentage of max revs with the Db meter set at a predetermind measurment from the end of the exhaust.
The testing at lakeside is done 4-5 meters from the track with the bike at full noise.
This would make it hard to prove that an exhaust complys with the requirements.
The problem is that if we make to much noise the track will get shut down again (a few bitchy neighbours). To much hard work has gone into geting the track re opened (since 2000), not just to mini motard but also pocket bikes and big bikes as well as cars on the main track.

Saber
PS: if you want an exhaust call small wheel deals I'm sure they would send one to you ($30+ post).

Thanks:) I'll look into it as soon as i know what im doing jobwise

Cool Custom would be cool to see you there sometime if you do drop in come over and have a chat my bike is the one with the buterfly on the front plate

Saber
PS: pink helmet

Mines the rough lookin yellow tanked Z or the Black and silver ProX with a rider that needs a new helmet.
Hoping to be able to start racing soon but dont know if im staying here or moving to Cairns, all depends on what jobs come up where

I just got the info straight from the management we have a solid agreement for track access for a minimum of 12 months no if's or but's..

Saber

You beat me to posting it now heres hoping the numbers stay up and when July 5th ( or there abouts ) rolls around next year the contract is signed again

It was a gr8 day, you should have come up and said hi wogtaz rider.
There were a few falls later in the day the track had just been resurfaced this week and that made it a little unpredictable, no one hurt to much though, few bruses scrapes etc.
we had one minor hickup with one of our bikes this is the result

here is the offending valve head

we will be back in two weeks :)

Saber

Last edited:
pictures didnt work ,

do you no how long it will keep going for? me and my mate are thinking of having a go , but duno if ill have enough money for wheels exhaust etc and ive only got a 110cc and 88cc so would be a little slow on the straights lol :(

we have a defeinate agreement for track access for 12 months with every expectation that it will continue after that the big boss of qlr raceways was there today and is very happy with the we are running and also with the numbers of riders.
There is a number of 88cc limited class bikes that come and they do ok, the 110 might struggle a bit but will still be gr8 fun.
if you want some cheep lightly used entry level tires i have some for sale ($30 for china pair or $60 for a pair of continental twist's) I could bring them with me in two weeks if your interested

Saber

Saber
Seen u yesterday was going to come say hi but got carried away chatting
Hope ur bike isnt to much to fix
Did u see phills crash ? poor guy landed on his head

alright thanks saber ill have to have a think about it till then! and are 10"12" wheels alright thats what both me bikes are running never really seen any 10" motards

Cheers.

Latest posts

Back