new to pit bikes

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

first pit bike

• dhz outlaw 140cc

Votes: 11 52.4%
  • pitpro 140cc

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • motovert pro 125cc

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • pitsterpro mx 110ss

Votes: 6 28.6%

• Total voters

kangaroo Jack

Reaction score
G,day i was just wondering which pit bike you guys would recommend it will just be for stuffing around in the yard and along some private fire trails. I have kind of narrowed it down to these:

A 2011 motovert pro 125cc

A dhz outlaw 140cc

A pitpro 140cc

Or a pitster pro mx 110se

I know that there is allot of difference in price for a few of them but that would just mean a few more weeks of saving.

If you guys could point me in the right direction that would be very helpful.

Thanks Jack

i have a 125cc there more for beginners 140cc have a bit more power and what from i have read and heard DHZ bikes are good for there price though 125cc have good power too so id go with the DHZ or motovert

Last edited:
The last time i rode a motorbike was 10 years ago so if i was to get a 140cc would it be a bit of a hand full to pretty much start from the beginning on.

your better off getting the 140. it will be fine to learn on and soon you will be hungry for more power anyway

My mate has a DHZ 150 and a motovert 125, I've got an atomik 140, atomik 250 and another real crap atomik 125.

The motovert has the smoothest motor of all of them, and is still powerful enough for you to just twist the throttle more once you build some confidence back.

Thing I like about my 140 bigfoot however is the size, 14" rear and 17" front wheel as opposed to 12" and 12", makes it SO much easier to ride over bumps etc, and it's a larger size frame too so you have a bit more room to move, the smaller pitbikes are a bit more cramped.

The two YX motors (DHZ 150cc and my 140cc atomik) are the best two of the bunch for power, but the motovert has a much smoother rev through the gears, without as much snap down low.

So from your choices, I'd say the DHZ would be the better choice, if you think you will need a bit more power later on, the forks on the DHZ my mate has are a bit larger than Atomiks crappy 125s forks, so a bit more comfortable a ride, and DHZ are a *bit* better quality than most.. It all depends whether the bike was built on a Monday or a Friday though imo...

Not a fan of dhz there overpriced for the quality of parts used. I'm speaking from experience as I had one and got rid of the thing.

Not a fan of dhz there overpriced for the quality of parts used. I'm speaking from experience as I had one and got rid of the thing.

So would it be better to save more and get a pitster pro or Kawasaki klx110?

well i will say the psto is a good size bike and goes great and i have heaps of fun on mine but i will say my dhz with gpx 125 with 26mm carby keeps up with my 140 so man go look and see what u like

just get what ever pit bike you want there all pretty much them same, some are a bit better then others and i have a no name china bike and it runs fine and yeah some bikes need a few better parts like chinas but thats it

If you can afford it I would choose the DHZ Outlaw 140 or the Pitster Pro 140 but dont choose the 110cc because they arnt powerful but the 125s are pretty powerful

Latest posts

Back