new to the forums 125cc chinese pit bike

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpectraBrite

Reaction score
I was given a 125cc pit bike that the owner thought had a stuck piston, kick starter was frozen.

Engine was pulled off the bike already.

I pulled the top end and the piston is fine!

I think it must be the kick start gears themself. The owner in letting it sit for a year lost some parts to put it back together as well.

Any ideas on where to pick up small parts and the kick start

Chinesepartswholesale.com

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk

also, is there a shop manual or tear down of one of these chinese pit bikes anywhere online?

Not sure maybe on that site I posted

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk

Also, when I opened the cover near the "stator" not sure names I havent worked on a dirt bike before.

Shouldnt the exterior drum spin when the kick start is pumped to produce power and ultimatly a spark on the plug

If you can try giving us what model and brand it is because if its something like a atomik, dhz, motovert or pitpro its pretty easy to get parts from the company itself.

where would I find the brand there is no stickers or markings that I can find

Try looking if their are any marking on the engine because that usually where they would put them if its just numbers it will help us identify what bike it is.

I am pretty sure it is lifan 125cc pit pro pit bike

-----------

I pulled the cover on the other side that kick start passes through, and pulled the spark plug.

I tested with a slow kick on the kick starter and there was resistance and the stator housing did spin.

Does this mean a bad clutch?

I am pretty sure it is lifan 125cc pit pro pit bike

-----------

I pulled the cover on the other side that kick start passes through, and pulled the spark plug.

I tested with a slow kick on the kick starter and there was resistance and the stator housing did spin.

Does this mean a bad clutch?

I dunno but you can check the clutch cable.

Latest posts

Back