New unknown 125cc

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KCCO

Reaction score
20130516_110545.jpg3Eb3I43H85Ia5La5Mad5d0366d142bd9215b0.jpg20130516_110545.jpg3Eb3I43H85Ia5La5Mad5d0366d142bd9215b0.jpg
Got this bike for free from a guy. I have no clue what kind it is and it won't start. He said the carb needs cleaned. Said it only has about 3-4 hours on it. Any and all help would be appreciated in the ways of replacing the carb or cleaning and what kind of bike it us.

take the carb off the best way to clean would be in fresh gas clean the jets . check for spark

Yea I took the carb off and cleaned it pretty good before I had to go to work. Gunna check the spark plug when it get home

Well I cleaned the carb, has fresh gas and spark plug is clean. Bike still won't start. Any more things to check?

are you getting spark?

pull the lead off the plug, put the end of a small screwdriver in it,
hold the shaft of the screwdriver, and kick it over.
if you get a tickle then the spark is ok.

have you undone the drain screw on the fuel bowl of the carby to check if it has fuel?

what brand/size carby is on the bike?
and have you set the idle mixture screw to 1.5 - 2 turns out?

Well the bowl is held on by those snap head screws so I'm gunna have to use an extractor and pull those out then I can see. I'm guessing the jets are probably clogged.

snap head screws, as in Anti Tamper, or Torque to Yeild?
i have never heard of a motorcycle carb having a non removeable fuel bowl.
any chance you can post up some pics of it?
i might be able to offer some advise on removing them, i come across these bolts sometimes when Panel Beating cars

ok, never seen them used before on bikes.

what about cutting a slot in the screws' head with a dremel and cutting disc, and then use a flat head screwdriver to undo it?

What a stupid idea with those screws... Makes it even more of a throw away item... Try what MY67XR said above, or because as they're brass which is extremely soft you might even get away with tapping a flat head screw-driver into the end with a hammer, which in turn should indent it enough so they can be un-screwed. Also a side note - as the float bowl has never been removed, i can pretty safetly assume that once it is cleaned out, that should be your only problem, and you should be right to go ;)

yeah,
get some carby/throttle body cleaner and spray it though the ports etc,
be sure to pull the pilot and main jets, needle and seat etc, and give them a good blow through with compressed air if you can.
it probably has a blocked pilot jet ?

so i cant get screws out but when i had the carb off i pulled the bowl drain screw out and poured some gasoline in it, put everything back together and on the first kick it started and then died. so obviously gas isnt getting into the bowl which i cant get into to.

drill into the screws with a 1/8" drill bit, then tap a small screwdriver into it and try to undo it.

Well I got the bowl off and both jets were clogged. Cleaned everything got everything put back together. Bike starts now and idles but when you give it some throttle it dies. Start it back up let it idle and give it some gas and it dies

spark plug could be fouled or lead/coil.
glad to hear you got it running.

when you pulled the pilot jet out, could you see a pin hole that goes through into the bore of the carby ?

spray the carby cleaner into the port that makes it come out through the pilot jet, and then back through the other way.
also, the pilot jets sometimes have small holes drilled across ways, through the end that goes into the carby
having a couple of these blocked will make it stall.

did you remove the jet tube too, where the main jet screws into, dirt etc can build up in and around where it sits

otherwise it may be worth trying a bigger number pilot jet ?

Yea both jets were clear. New spark plug. I will take out the jet tube in the morning . thanks guys I really appreciate yalls help.

Latest posts

Back