Newbie, decison

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B.V

Reaction score
Hi guys
Although I have previously raced Pocket Bikes, I am very new to Pit Bike’s. I am seriously considering getting one of these and getting back into racing. I know you probably get a lot of questions regarding ‘which bike?’ from newbies, sorry.

So I have narrowed it down to two bikes, I am hoping to simply find out which will be best for me as far as, quality and suitability for racing is concerned.
1) DHZ DPRO 140
http://www.dhz.com.au/buy/dhz-dpro-140-lki-sticker-kit-new-2013-model/DHZ-08

2) PIT PRO 140
http://www.pitpro.com.au/pitbikes/pitpro-140cc-319/

I was looking at a few others on ebay, such as the ATOMIK Nitrous 125, but from reading around it sounds like I would be better going with something like one of the above two?
Thanks for your help!

Dhz 140 wins my vote, got one and it easily craps on the other ones you've said. Bias i know but thats my opinion. Just get some better suspension and bars. But yeah if your planning on racing start with a 160.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Whats your height mate? (judging by racing pitbikes not tall)

i would probably go the dhz, or the pitpro they are the same quality in my eyes
the nitrous is on the bad side of quality and any 125 pitbike motor other than the gpx sucks to ride (for most hard/med hard riders)

Thanks DHZ_XR8cing
The local club, (I just found online on sunday) has a 140CC and under class and a 160CC and under. I am thinking I will go with a 140cc - just to save on expenses to be honest.

My height is 177.
Cheers mate well I keep seeing what people say and weigh it up between the PitPro and DHZ 140.

To be completely honest mate the 140 is a good bike but the 160 outlaw would be the way to go save a little longer because the suspension alone in that bike adds up to the difference in price and you will have plenty of power, the 140 has good power but your wanting more quickly and suspension is pretty average especially the rear shocker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Ok thanks for the input guys... hmm ill have to keep seriously thinking... / consulting my wife lol
Another quick question regarding transportation.... is a trailer required? or will these fit in most cars with the dront wheel removed?

They come in a box usually and mine fitted in the back of the wagon fine but not sure about sedans.

Also I would say pitpro and atomik are on the same level but the dhz140 is better. I would also be getting the outlaw 160 if it were me but if funds don't allow then the 140 will be a blast.

Also to put it all into perspective there is a $650 price difference between the 140 and 160. What the 160 has over the 140 is obviously more power, better front and back suspension and imo the carby in the 160 is better suited.

So the forks would cost about $200 more then the 140's, rear shock about $120ish more and the engine about $200 more, and probably a few other things upgraded too. All up $520 worth or more parts = what ever else I missed. But what I'm really getting at is that if you bought the 140 you would never be able to make it nearly as good as the 160 with out spending more then $650, e.g. a new engine is about $600 so thats pretty much all of it spent all ready. Just realized that the 160 has better tyres aswell and those cheap tyres on the 140 tear apart pretty quick.

So you can see now why we say it is cheaper in the long run to by 160 instead. Hope this helps with your decision.

(also just noticed it has a 5.5L fuel tank and I'm pretty sure my atomik is only 3.8L???) I'll double check though:)

Ok thanks for the input guys... hmm ill have to keep seriously thinking... / consulting my wife lol
Its better to ask for forgiveness than it is for permission :p especially when you get a new toy out of it too :)

Like the guys said above the DHZ 160 Outlaw would be the way to go as you will have a good bike straight up even more important if you are going to race it. As in the long run it will be dearer to buy the parts one at a time and in no time with the 140 you will what more power.

Well looks like I better start saving for the DHZ 160 outlaw,as its sounding like that is the way to go! Ill have to do some measuring though to make sure I can get one of these in the car somehow.

Thanks gain for the help guys :)

Well looks like I better start saving for the DHZ 160 outlaw,as its sounding like that is the way to go! Ill have to do some measuring though to make sure I can get one of these in the car somehow.

Thanks gain for the help guys :)

you will be able to pick it up when its in its box, if not in the back seat with the seats down.. (in the crate the wheels will be off and the bars will be down) unless atomik do it differently to dhz (thats how atomiks bikes were packed)

Latest posts

Back