Newby with a Z50R

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hondahobby

Reaction score
Hi All .
Just joined this great group to gain some knowledge & know-how for my latest hobby.
I salvaged a sad Honda Z50R ( `84 model ) and want to rebuild it for my grandkids ( and me ).
It,s missing complete front-end ( forks,handlebar,etc ) and the carby slide. Has good compression & spark so may not be much of a prob to get going.
Can anybody point me in the right direction for the parts I need?
I am in Adelaide but am willing to pay freight costs, etc if someone has the bits for sale that need.
Any help much appreciated , Cheers, Bob.

g'day Bob and welcome..

depending on if you are buying new or second hand, you can try www.monkeygarage.com for alot of useful and helpful Z'ed guys. they tend to do a fair bit of trading between themselfs on the used items. for new parts, its pretty scarce down this neck of the woods(australia) best bet is to try some of the sites from the uk and japan. Although be prepared to pay some pretty steep prices.. but wow some of the bits they have are insane!

possibly the best and most obvious thing to do is trying to find another bike fo the same year but with the bits you need intact, and swapping over from one to the other. keeping your eyes on ebay and some of the forums will reveal some bargains to be had..

If you get the chance, take a few pictures and throw them up in the z'ed forum. heres the link..

Z-Minis - Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

keep us posted on how you go mate.

cheers.

Foolsp33d

Latest posts

Back