next upgrade?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

binky77

Reaction score
hey people

alright so ive got an inner rotor kit, hc piston and new tyres and sticker kit put onto my bike and i really dont no wat else to do to it is there anything else to make it go better or faster? i was thinking of upgrading the cam? im not to good with bikes and dont really wat a cam is or does and does anyone no any good shops on the net? prices? best parts?
thanks heaps

okay well to the best of my knowledge there are 2 cams in one motor, one drives the piston and the other drives your valves. the cam's are linked together using the timing chain which brings the valves and piston into sync with one another (which is why if your timing is out you hear pinging noises and can do some severe damage to your valves (bending them etc..)).

if you were considering upgrading your cam the one you would upgrade is your valve cam, you can get high raise cams, racing cams and many other sorts. basically what they will do is lift the valves at different stages giving the engine more fuel which will in turn burn in the same ammount of time and giving you more power ultimatly. this would be a nice upgrade for you to do and one that you may want to look at is a G2 Crower Cam. (i believe thats right.) this is a racing cam and will increase your performance.

also you may want to look into a different pipe (if you havent allready) something like a pro circuit ti-4, these have good back pressure, a really nice sound and will give you a marginal performance increase but it will only be slight.

EDIT: i do also believe that with your IRK you can adjust your timing by up to 40 stops which may also improve your performance (talk to roost about this as he is more knowledgable than i)

once again i am still learning so if i have got anything wrong someone please come and correct me as i need to learn properly too :)

Cheers, Tony.

Last edited:
okay well to the best of my knowledge there are 2 cams in one motor, one drives the piston and the other drives your valves. the cam's are linked together using the timing chain which brings the valves and piston into sync with one another (which is why if your timing is out you hear pinging noises and can do some severe damage to your valves (bending them etc..)).

hmm ok a couple of points

the piston is driven by the crankshaft and conrod

the cam opens and closes the valves letting air/fuel in and exhaust gas out

now to the timimg , thats 2 different types of timing you are talking about

ignition timing is when the spark fires to ignite the fuel/air mixture , if it is 2 far advanced meaning that the spark fires too early while the piston is still on its way up then you get pinging

valves bending happens when the cam timing is incorrect and allows the piston and valves to crash into each other

thanks for updating that information mate, really helps.

thanks heaps for that ill look into the valve cam and upgrading hopefully this bike will fly wen its done

dude you will notice the extra power thats for sure. i bet she rips allready man, with an irk and hc piston is should rip..

let us know how you get on with it.

Cheers, Tony.

so do you reckon there is anything else apart from a cam that will make it flog it should be a beast already wen its got the rotor kit and piston and cam but i wanna make it more lol make it 1 of the best if u know wat i mean haha

Hey mate, if u havent allready gets some decent forks as ive found the stock ones my DHZ the worst ive ever felt and look to short also. With the power your bike will putting out ul want it handling well.

yeh the forks are pretty shit mine dont have good rebound so ill have to look into getting sum or take em off my agb27 they felt good

Ive got a nice red kitaco coil on my beast, god knows if it does anything better but it sure does look good and well i'd run outta things to spend money on :D

STICK why fill the thread with un-needed shit. are you high or something??? stick to the topic, geez....

anyway bro, i would say do your cam first and then see how you feel, also play with the timing to get it running sweet, see how you feel and if you still want more from the beast we will see what we can help you out with :)

Cheers, Tony.

Higher intensity spark with fater recovery and responce. Supplies 15% more energy, longer plug life as well as a hotter spark.

This coil will add a nice pep across the rpm range.
p487-coil-sdg_lg.jpg

Latest posts

Back