next upgrade?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea
How about a FLUX CAPACITOR,and some TINCIL coming on to X-mas and all
hahaha wat a mad cunt.

i realy dont care about the igntion coil...if it can make the spark jump its a coil cant do shit to the performance, wat it mite give u a few extra thousand volts but, u dont need that to jump a piss ant gap of the spark plug...the cdi on the other hand is a worth while thing upgrading wif ignition curves and shit like that.

ok so ill forget the ignition coil and just go for the cam im pretty sure itll be beasty enough after that. oh and sorry bout that comment before it was my mate hes a bit pissed lol thanks

a cam will be a big improvement, but all the mods you have won't give all their potential until you fit a bigbore pipe and get your head reworked.

you didnt say anything about your carby this might be holding you power improvements back what type are you running with all them mods id be looking at a 28 mm kiehin or mikuni something a bit bigger than a 25mm and also a cheap and effective mod is doing some port work even if its just to match the inlet and the manifold and im guessing as its a dhz 138 meaning its running a lifan engine you'd have 27intake and 23 exhaust valve if there not your valves could be something to look at ive heard from my local mechanic(mad professor) that you can regrind gsxr valves to fit in there but he said that its only going to make a difference changing the intake valve also one last thing if you want a cheap alternat to a new pipe my mechanic also makes a nice pipe too he steps the pipe up from 29 or sumthing to 38 od stainless steel pipe just after the heat shield and also installs a power bomb makes a hell of a difference and you can probably do it yourself

Sounds lke the cams the go id go a z40 cam and valve springs If your interested I can supply and fit these parts for you .I have a work shop in ipswich .have you played with the timing on the IRK this will help too ,pm me if you keen for it cheers

As far as I know the coil is the electrical device that delivers the current to the sparg pug. As far as upgrading the coil, i've never heard of such thing. But while we're on the subjuct, you could look into uprading the CDI.

As far as I know the coil is the electrical device that delivers the current to the sparg pug. As far as upgrading the coil, i've never heard of such thing. But while we're on the subjuct, you could look into uprading the CDI.

Wrong, coil doesnt deliver current, if the coil delivers moderate current its is at risk of overheating due to the more Watts(heat) that is produce, this is what may happen if your coil dies. A ballast resistor as some people may of heard of, reduces the amps going into the coil which reduces coil damage.

V x I = P (V=Volts, I=Amps P=Watts)

volts man, high current aint make the spark jump.

the only thing i can think of is the spark my get from 1 end of ur High Voltage coil lead to the spark plug quicker if you have an aftermarket Coil.
Which i rekon wouldnt make hardly any difference anyway cause electricity already travels at 300,000,000 meters per second.

whats a power bomb and were does it go what does it do i havnt heard of 1 befor and it sounds like somthing som1 would say when there ripen you off.

and you could always make a noz kit for it

Last edited:
Yea
Sweet,you should get out to ripley.There's been a crew of us going up each week-end.They have built a new pitty track ,hopefully finished this week.
Filth place to ride

i would be out there every weekend to if i had my license and a car but mum and dad wont take me up that far i live on the gold coast so its a far drive from here ay

yeah if i were you this is the order i would go for 1.cam 2.bigbore pipe 3.cdi (whatever you want) 4.new carb (28mm) 5.timing 6.other trick stuff (eg.coil ) also have you got any porting or head mods?

im getting it ported soon and getting the cam reground.
big bore pipe? is that just a exaust pipe or wot.
ill see how it goes with the carby thats on it now and see what its like

Latest posts

Back