Nissan now running in the V8 Supercar series

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rumble

Reaction score
Great move by the company, think its going to bring alot more people to watch the races, and hopefully not so many meat heads :boink::beerchug:

Kelly bros already singed up for Nissan.......

thats heaps good cant wait to see what nissan brings to the track

Going to be odd having a third brand in there since it's a Fords/Holden game at the moment.

nissan used to dominate the touring car championships. doesnt the GTR still hold the record for bathurst?

It will be the end of Ford and Holden in this country.

Both company's use the V8 series to promote their v8 Falcon and Commadore. Although the race cars are not even close to the road car we buy they are alot closer than any Nissan in this country.
This move will kill v8 super cars in this country.

This move will kill v8 super cars in this country.

That has to be he dumbest comment I have heard in a while. :blah: :p

This is the best move V8 supercars have ever made and opens the door to other manufacturers as well. Both Toyota and Crysler I think make V8's for Daytona and can easily come across to supercars.

What's wrong with a bit of healthy competition? As stated before, Nissan used to dominate. I think your right Westy that the GTR still does hold the lap record at Bathurst. Those things were stupid fast.

I'm a Holden man through and through but it's about time they let more manufacturers in. Not many other races series around the world that only run 2 brands. This will help make the sport international!!

It will have next to no affect on car sales for Ford and Holden. As far as I'm aware, they are only making v8 engines for supercars not production? Correct me if I'm wrong.

i'm told by a little birdy i know in the gig that garry rogers has already approached crysler for a car in the future

nissan will be good i mean really they are all the same cars but with there own engine shell and setup
it will be good for competition
hell the touring cars champs is england is killing it and it's some awsome racing to watch
bring it on the v8's are getting stale and this should give them if not crowds a well need boost before we loose holden, ford and v8 supercars all together...... which is on the cards also

It was interesting and good racing back in the day with all sorts of cars running around, it got boring real quick when ford and holden had a cry when they were whooped by the nissan r32 and changed the rules and made there own series.

Allowing other in the mix is good for the sport, people will always be holden or ford fans... and im sure there will be allot more people watching and following the series in years to come with nissan or crysler in there too. Its going to bring another crowd to the events not just die hard holden/ford fans.

That has to be he dumbest comment I have heard in a while. :blah: :p

This is the best move V8 supercars have ever made and opens the door to other manufacturers as well. Both Toyota and Crysler I think make V8's for Daytona and can easily come across to supercars.

What's wrong with a bit of healthy competition? As stated before, Nissan used to dominate. I think your right Westy that the GTR still does hold the lap record at Bathurst. Those things were stupid fast.

I'm a Holden man through and through but it's about time they let more manufacturers in. Not many other races series around the world that only run 2 brands. This will help make the sport international!!

It will have next to no affect on car sales for Ford and Holden. As far as I'm aware, they are only making v8 engines for supercars not production? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Because some ones opinion is different to your don't make it dumb.

The idea of this category is to promote the XR8 and the SS both cars of which can be purchased in this country where as none of the other car company's make a similar car that fit into the same category so basically its just a whole new series and Ford and Holden will lose business when other brands beat them on the track.

The only car I think that has the right to re join is Chrysler. They make a rear wheel drive V8 that can be brought in this country.

The only car I think that has the right to re join is Chrysler. They make a rear wheel drive V8 that can be brought in this country.

Surely chevrolet as well.... Or are they already running and somebody forgot to switch badges on their SS's:boink:

Because some ones opinion is different to your don't make it dumb.

That's just my opinion as well mate. ;)

Your canning the idea before it even happens.

The reason Nissan got in is because V8 Supercars dropped the rule where you had to sell x amount of cars a year to be eligible to enter.

The idea is to promote a race series not to sell cars. Yes winning sells more cars but that's a by product. That's like saying the Carerra cup is to sell more porche's. It's just a race category, nothing more.

there will be NO Holden commodore or ford falcon in 5 years time

Ford have no plans to develop a new falcon and holden are the same with the commodore
so your arguement over the ss and xr8 is no longer an argue ment

so when holden and ford a racing the cruze and the new camry size falcon thing they are producing that will make the gtr the toyota camery the dodge calibar all the same size as a midsize car and nissan will flog them all
will be very competetive and make a very viable supercar series in years to come

and the kelly boys will have a developmental head start by getting in early

That's just my opinion as well mate. ;)

Your canning the idea before it even happens.

The reason Nissan got in is because V8 Supercars dropped the rule where you had to sell x amount of cars a year to be eligible to enter.

The idea is to promote a race series not to sell cars. Yes winning sells more cars but that's a by product. That's like saying the Carerra cup is to sell more porche's. It's just a race category, nothing more.

Ford and Holden have factory backed teams and the aim of that is to promote their company to sell cars.
Im guessing the porshe dont back the Carrera cup.

pontiac

Surely chevrolet as well.... Or are they already running and somebody forgot to switch badges on their SS's:boink:

what about pontiac oh uea same deal as the chev

dont know how bringing in new dealers will kill holden and ford seeing in aust they are already dead,toyota outsell in aust 3 to 1 but what holden do well is export,they have a huge market in the middle east and india and not to mention what they make for america

I remember seeing the R32 Gtr laping some cars in bathurst round 89-90, even funnier when the changed the rules and started their own series just to stop them competing together !

well bring on the nissan i wreckon the jap make quick cars so the v8 should and will be a weapon and yes the r32 has the record so bring it on and i really cant see how holden and ford will lose buisness people buy what they like not what wins a race sooooooo GO NISSAN

Why does Ford and Holden put millions into the series?? Its not a gift from the heart. Its to make their cars win so they sell more.

i think its been said before, but they dont race to sell more, they race to win, bragging rights if you will. I doubt you will find a correlation between race wins and car sales. I would say 95% of diehard V8 supercar fanatics dont buy new cars.
its the ads and marketing campaigns that sell cars. the single car on a highway along the coast with a hot mum and her kids behaving nicely in the back seat on their way to a deserted beach with perfect weather playing cricket in jeans and t-shirts and your thinking what the F*** does a beach have to do with this 2WD family car? then there is one in your driveway.

Latest posts

Back