Nitrous 150 build.... how to get the most out an ebay junker

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looking sick.... i need to get a better frame and goodies soon too, i was looking at mine close when i put that 140 on the bike and the welds suck and it looks so cheaply designed haha... oh well, i have to get a little more addicted....

glad your builds going well tho !!! :cool:

finally got my clutch cable and lever installed and mines done for the moment =)

yea the welds are shocking..... will be interesting to see how long it takes for me to snap it :D

Quick update....
Got a lifan ORK for it cuz the stock stator was giving me shit, was an easy bolt on and and got the engine running.... and starting easier than a 125 :D
Pretty much sorted the bike now, just going over it n sorting out all the little bits n peices, gonna chuck a carlsbad on the front cuz the innova sucks and it's flat anyway. the rest is tuning etc. so should be riding by the weekend! fuk yea :D been so long since I've been riding

Nitrous 150 build 10.jpg

Alright here it is!
still needs tuning... suspension and engine, but it's all in one piece :D
Nitrous 150 build 11.jpg

Nice work rip you should do a review i want to know what those forks are like! And you keeping the nitrous sticker kit or getting a new one?

yea I'll probly keep the nitrous sticker kit.... bikes are for riding not looking at
forks are rubbish, way WAY too stiff.... so I'm gonna overhaul them n see what I can do to fix em.

So far I've just taken it for a quick blast and it's awsome to ride, kills the klx style.....
yx150 with OKO and ORK is fuken insanely snappy... just like I was hoping.... having no slinger and a light flywheel makes an awsome difference, revs like crazy and valve bounces a bit too easy in the lower gears.... so the (daytona style)yx150 vs 160 is confirmed, it's a different beast all together, the 160 may have the pulling power but the 150 is nice n snappy so they both as good as each other in their own way....
willl have to put some track hours on it before I can wright a proper review on the different engines and the done up nitrous vs done up shitpro

Damn! I just realised I missed a $650 Nitrous tonight as I haven't been home to add it to the snipe tool, my GF runs a Mac and I was out helping her at work tonight!

Guilt tripping time... If I can't get the motorbike I want at the price I want I can at least get some goddamn guilt sex! :p

On the bright side, I'm so tempted by a 150 now that I'm not all that upset... Bonus! :D

Oh yeah, the bike looks shmick!

Completed bike spec/rough pricing list? :)

Last edited:
don't ask how much it's worth! this build would be ridiculous expensive if you didn't already have most the parts laying around like I did.....
If you want a cheap bike with good suspension, carby etc. then you'd be saving money buying a RevMX and you'd most likely have a much more capable bike.

The nitrous is a great entry level bike for the $ but if you want a serious bike then buy a serious bike! doing up ebay junkers doesn't add up $ wise

specs are:
YX150
lifan ORK
OKO 26mm flatty
1/4 turn throttle
Fully adjustable forks with adjustable CNC triples
Fastace shock
7075 rims on CNC hubs (and anodized valve caps thanks to rach :D)
Carblsbad tyres
XR50 Protapers
Pillowtop grips with bar savers
Hi-tensile bolts all round
plus all the lil personal touches like repacked muffler, packed engine mounts, port matched etc.

Last edited:
I'll settle for the spec list... I'll be motarding mine in any case so the cost on top of a RevMX is what would burn me ;)

I should be all done (excluding forks) for around $1,500... Gives me some wiggle room for when I want to upgrade things :)

it does the job.... I can't stand stock shocks on cheap bikes like pipro 125rr's and all the nitrous range and just generic ebay bike shock in general are pathetic.

so this basic fastace job works for me.... could be better with more adjustments etc. but I hate suspension tuning anyway

Can anyone tell me if the attached images are of a lightened ORK or whether I need to hassle Atomik? :)

Flywheel1.jpg

Flywheel2.jpg

Thanks!

Latest posts

Back