Nitrous 150 build.... how to get the most out an ebay junker

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Sean :)

Guess I might go for an IRK soon in that case... I'm not sure it's snappy enough for me as it is ;)

yea you need to ditch that carby asap.... using the molkt is a waste of resources!
Is it the 150 or 160? with the oko and ork (a proper lifan ork not what u have) on the 150 it really loves to rev.... I wouldn't recommend an IRK at all

It's the 150... I have an OKO on order (along with a heap of other goodies). IRK/ORK's are cheap so I guess I can get a Lifan ORK onto it and if I still don't think it's snappy enough move to the IRK :D

Just fix up your throttle and it won't be so snappy!
But throw an irk on it and let it rev!

I have a billet 1/4 turn in the post to go with the OKO... I pulled the stock throttle apart today, I can't get rid of most of the slack as it exists purely through sh!tty build quality!

I hate those crappy throttles you can get with pit bikes i had one for ages and it really gave me the shits the build quality is nothing but pure crap. Your new throttle will be better...

I have a billet 1/4 turn in the post to go with the OKO... I pulled the stock throttle apart today, I can't get rid of most of the slack as it exists purely through sh!tty build quality!

Krazed: I have exactly the same issue with mine.
Bought a polk type throttle but it aint 1/4 turn so I wont use it.
When I fitted the OKO with the std cable it had no free play and kept jamming (not when running just setting up, never ran it like that) when I fitted up the cable supplied with it I can't get all the free play out.
Sucks arse! I have it fully adjusted and it still has about 15mm+ freeplay. Something to look out for. I just havnt gotten around to measuring the 2 cables and ordering the correct one yet.
oldhack.

You can adjust the slack on the throttle their is a screw in seat where the cable sits into. Screw it out to tighten the slack...You can also buy throttle cables that have a adjuster in the middle of the line....I just got a braided one and a braided cable for my clutch...

You can adjust the slack on the throttle their is a screw in seat where the cable sits into. Screw it out to tighten the slack...You can also buy throttle cables that have a adjuster in the middle of the line....I just got a braided one and a braided cable for my clutch...

Hey yeah thanks but I knew that.
What I meant was I have both adjustments on my cable wound right out and still have that much slack in it.
Cheers,
oldhack.

Hey DvDRip the bike looks good! Red rims look better than my stock black ones. I got the white bike too, wanted the black but the white has grown on me I must say.
oldhack.

sweet hack, what type of throttle do you have? My old one did that to me then i got a new throttle and was no problem...

Sorry for thread jacking rip!

Continuing the thread jack...

Oldhack - Have a read of this... You're most likely best off using the shorter cable and cutting the end down so the slide doesn't jam open. I managed to get my free play to about 10mm but I had to cut down part of the throttle internals and fiddle for about 1/2 an hour.

I personally don't think I could get any better out of the standard throttle, I also ran into the issue of having the adjuster on the throttle end wound all the way out (not helped by cutting down) and the throttle sticking at wide open!

One thing to consider may be winding the adjusters all the way in and drilling another hole for the cable end to seat in further back in the throttle. I'll try to get some pics up at some point :)

I'll let you know how things go with a billet 1/4 turn...

/Thread jack.

Last edited:
yea the stock throttles are nasty and they all have crazy freeplay... it's nothing to do with cable length.... it's just the throttle design doesn't allow you to tension it up
then with the 1/4 turn and oko you need to cut the outer cable to get a bit more slack

sweet hack, what type of throttle do you have? My old one did that to me then i got a new throttle and was no problem...

Sorry for thread jacking rip!

sam-125cc shineray: I just have the poxy std one.

krazed: I forgot about the option of drilling another hole, Might give that a go! Yeah mine stuck wide open the first few times I started it with the OKO, Till I switched cables but now too long.. Ha ha!

DvDRip: Sorry for deviating from the thread. Build looks good!

Last edited:
billet throttle i got now is prettty shit , ive ran out of adjustment .

id rather the stock one , but the throttle tore out of the plastic tube..... and tubes down swap out

Latest posts

Back