Nitrous 150 or 160 for motard...

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ha Ha good luck with it mate. Post up when you get it all done and head to the track i live not far from south morang and wouldn't mind watching on and seeing what its all about

It's looking less likely that I'll be getting the 150 I just posted up... Already up to $625 with 23min left :(

Oh well, gives me more time to plan and get parts etc :D

Paton - Keep an eye on the minimotard section, track session times are usually posted in there.

Krazed dhz was going to do me,

Front 12" 2.15 rim
Rear 12" 2.50 rim
Rear 15mm axle
Rear 41T sprocket

Shipped to my house in Cranbourne for $180. You wouldnt need the sprocket or the axle because you can use the ones that are already on the nitrous. But you will now need some decent tyres and if you can afford them i would probably go for either Dunlop tt92's or Vee's im running Vee's now and love em but also rode the tt's and they are pretty kick ass...

Well, the 150 just went for $665.70 - was almost tempted to throw 670 at it in the last 5sec but left it... It'll give me more time to decide whether I want the 160 or not :p

Will talk top Grnman and see what costs are involved in each type of tyre too... Will order the rims in the next few days + a heap of other bits and pieces!

Krazed try to replace the rear shock asap. I have the same forks and they arent to bad for motard but the rear shock is just pure shit. I got a DNM same as this one:

KDF DNM MTG-RC REAR SHOCK ABSORBER 1000LBS 1000 SHOCKIE - eBay Other Makes, Bike Parts, Motorcycle Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 12-May-10 23:38:32 AEST)

You need a 280mm shock as well. Try to get something that is fully adjustable, compression, rebound etc etc...

And as far as mods for the 150 and 160 their is both a fair bit that you can do...but it depends how much you really want to spend.

Not sure I want to get on the rear... Was kinda thinking about one of these.

That way I can order from DHZ and get all the gear in one package ;)

Still leaning towards the 150...

welll one thing that might throw your vote is the 150 is now obsolete and there is no spare parts backup... I had to rebuild one and had to use a yx140 piston and gasket kit, there's also no center cases or kicker gears but you shouldn't need those bit anyway... but basically what i'm saying is the yx160 has better parts backup and performace bits available as it's a fairly up to date motor.... you can always buy an ORK for it and a lightened slinger if you want it to rev quicker, and a high lift cam will help with that too.... not to mention v2 heads if you really want more out of it....

I'll be letting you all know what i think of the yx150 vs yx160 once my bbikes built but only real advantage is the longer stroke as the ligher flywheel and slingerless setup can be done to the 160 and oil filters aren't really needed as time has proven with most other engines not running them

Thanks Rip - A 160 it is, I'll throw a lightened slinger in it... Atomik lists the Nitrous as coming with a light weight ORK :)

Building a list to send to Ken for a quote :D

Just need the bike to go with the parts...

yea they say it's a lightweight ORK but mine came with a heavy flywheel... I emailed atomik and said WTF so they sent me lightweight rotor.... will be interesting to see if yours has the lightweight setup so let us know

These:

1. DID #428 Roller Chain, 126L
2. PRO TAPER SEVEN EIGHTS LOW RISE BAR KLX110
3. PRO TAPER MX GRIPS, FULL DIAMOND DUAL DENSITY
4. DNM MST-BAG 280mm 1000LBS Spring Shock Remote Reservoir
5. Alloy 12" Front Motard Rim, 2.15 Wide + Alloy 12" Rear Motard Rim, 2.50 Wide
6. One pair of 12" Innova Super Motard Slick Tyres with Tubes
7. OKO 26MM FlatSlide Carby Kit 1/8 Throttle 160cc - Is it possible to get this kit with a 1/4 turn throttle instead of a 1/8?
8. Light Weight CNC Alloy Oil Sling
9. Clutch Basket & Oil Sling Remover
10. Magnetic Engine Drain Plug
11. Fuel Filter (if you stock them, I couldn't find them on your site)

Just about to email the list to Ken for a quote.

Doesn't cover everything I need, but most of it and all the performance goodies! :D

These:

1. DID #428 Roller Chain, 126L
2. PRO TAPER SEVEN EIGHTS LOW RISE BAR KLX110
3. PRO TAPER MX GRIPS, FULL DIAMOND DUAL DENSITY
4. DNM MST-BAG 280mm 1000LBS Spring Shock Remote Reservoir
5. Alloy 12" Front Motard Rim, 2.15 Wide + Alloy 12" Rear Motard Rim, 2.50 Wide
6. One pair of 12" Innova Super Motard Slick Tyres with Tubes
7. OKO 26MM FlatSlide Carby Kit 1/8 Throttle 160cc - Is it possible to get this kit with a 1/4 turn throttle instead of a 1/8?
8. Light Weight CNC Alloy Oil Sling
9. Clutch Basket & Oil Sling Remover
10. Magnetic Engine Drain Plug
11. Fuel Filter (if you stock them, I couldn't find them on your site)

Just about to email the list to Ken for a quote.

Doesn't cover everything I need, but most of it and all the performance goodies! :D

Yeah, I got that, but got sent the wrong cable, so my 1/4 throttle just sits in my room waiting lol.. I have to use std throttle now.. :(

Oooh, bad luck man!

Hopefully I get the right one... Hope your replacement gets to you soon :)

oko with 1/4 throttle needs modding of the cable or it don't work....

dude don't forget to metion you're from miniriders and I've found u need to call ken not email if you want a good reply

dude don't forget to metion you're from miniriders and I've found u need to call ken not email if you want a good reply

Yeeep.. Found that out...

So why sell 1/4 throttles with oko flattys if you can't fit them without modding them?

Oh, and I didn't worry about getting it replaced can't be phucked..

Okely, I'll call him tomorrow! :D

Thanks guys!

y do you guys not like 1/8 turn?
i think i have a 1/4 turn stock from factory (i think anyways... bike is rx125 so correct me if im wrong)
and i feel that a 1/8 turn would suit me better...
any drawbacks to 1/8 turn?

y do you guys not like 1/8 turn?
i think i have a 1/4 turn stock from factory (i think anyways... bike is rx125 so correct me if im wrong)
and i feel that a 1/8 turn would suit me better...
any drawbacks to 1/8 turn?

I intend on building a bike that builds revs quickly and in conjunction with an OKO and 1/8 turn throttle it'd be a b@stard for fine control on a motard.

I seriously doubt the RX125 comes with a 1/4 turn, but I could be wrong. I'd also imagine it's not as big an issue on the stock carb :)

Latest posts

Back