Nitrous oxide?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeh u sound like a cluey dude so u should be able to rigg sumthin bro make sure to film it but...

hey mate your choke is exactly that a choke its chokes the carby but still lets the fuel in thus starving your motor of air but flooding your cylinder.. so bad idea as you need wide open throttle for nos mostly...

NOS (brand name) N2O expandes the oxygen particels surounding it when realeased into atmosphere... so a dry shot would cause your motor to lean out as there would be more fuel then air and your engine will detonate..

a wet shot is siimply injecting the fuel as you stated with the N2O for the correct ratio as not to lean out your engine...

i recomend a 10hp wet shot... you will need some sort of fuel pump for a wet shot..

a 10hp shot is exactly that you will get a 10hp gain when in use...
i wouldnt do this on a high comp motor... and timing should also be retarded for better results

if you could trigger your timming to retard with the N2O that would work great

The carb on my bike doesn't use blocking of the venturi when choke is applied, it opens up the choke jet, thus allowing more fuel than normal to pass thru (I think) atleast no visible blocking can be seen, so the airflow should be the same. but I've also considered rigging a small electric pump containing gasoline that triggers at the same time as the NOS, But I have to get the NOS system first and play around a bit, The kit is a cheap, low end type so it might not work at all, but it would be kick-ass if it would!!

the only member that knows what they are talking about about is agro. i am a mechanic who happens to work on drag cars and NOS only woks when the right ratio of fuel is injected with the NOS. look up OZNOS. I'm sure you could get to work but it would take a few engines to get it right.

good luck

PS but a bigger engine a lot cheaper and better result
you can't beat cubic inches

when i used to race pocket bikes i had nos kits on two of my muck around bikes and it gave me a huge increase in speed, wopuld easily lift the front end up and on dirt it made it just drift lol, not sure abut mini bikes becouse of the engine size

NOS (brand name) N2O expandes the oxygen particels surounding it when realeased into atmosphere... so a dry shot would cause your motor to lean out as there would be more fuel then air and your engine will detonate..

Nitrous oxide causes the intake air to become more dense by rapidly cooling it .......

Last edited:
catus jack since when does nitrous cool the intake air?
i think you sould give rob madden at oznos a call and tell him your theory.
as plucked off the ozrace web page(see below)
How it works?

When fitted to the vehicle as per the instructions, the kit is
activated when, and only when, the toggle switch and bottle are on and the
driver is at full throttle. When you back off the throttle, the nitrous is
automatically switched off. Horsepower is created by burning fuel in the
correct mixture with oxygen, thus with the addition of both Nitrous Oxide
and fuel to the mix, the oxygen in the Nitrous Oxide gas is effectively
allowing the burning of the extra fuel you are adding and thus generating
more horsepower than usual.

so ends the science lesson!

oxygen helps the burn, nitrogen squelches the burn (inert gas) expanding gas cools. A dry shot above the carb draws more fuel through the jets due to the denser air/gas flow (as tested on a whipersnipper engine:D)

oxygen helps the burn, nitrogen squelches the burn (inert gas) expanding gas cools. A dry shot above the carb draws more fuel through the jets due to the denser air/gas flow (as tested on a whipersnipper engine:D)

Lol my uncle ran his on nitro fuel for the nitro cars just went flat out and smashed the piston through the head :S

by the way, i'm not considering a NOS kit just because I want more power, I'm considering it just for the fun of it, I like to experiment with things and the pitbike is the perfect bike to experiment with, if something breaks I'll just replace it with better parts, and if it works, I'll probably laugh my ass off! NOS an pitbike, its unheard of in norway!

Yes I realise you're just doing it for fun ...... I just thought I'd point out that it'll most likely grenade with that hi compression piston in there .....

Just because Evel's gone doesn't mean we need a quick replacement .... :p

Haha:) I'm aware of the problems\dangers of NOS, but I might give it a shot anyway, maybe have a friend with a videocamera in case it goes of in a spectacular fashion and I get a crotch-full of valves and pistons, just have to get the kit first...

my friends got a turbo in his pitbike lol it seems to be going fine(kindoff). i wouldnt put a turbo or NOS in mine tho

Latest posts

Back