nitrous upgrades..

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jabba1011

Reaction score
hey guys iv been givin a nitrous 150cc and just wondering what i'd need to do to it to be able to throw it over some small jumps/track without it falling apart straight away or am i wasting my time?

cheers jay

Id upgrade the front forks with some GPX black labels or some Fastace AS01s.
I run with a MT-RC 1000lbs DNM compression and rebound adjustable rear shock, then upgrade other bits as you go along, but these bikes to start just lack decent suspension, but a heap of guys on here ride the nitrous 150

Welcome to miniriders by the way:banana:

What sort of budget are you talking?

Also is it a midsize or the smaller Nitrous?

Midsize = CRF70>
Nitrous Mid Size 150cc - Pit Bikes - Dirt Bikes

Smaller version = CRF50>
Nitrous 150cc Pit Bikes - For Sale | Buy Cheap Online @ Atomik Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Adeliade

You can upgrade the shock & forks>

GPX Moto Racing Rear Shock, 280mm 800LBS Spring, Rebound Adjustable

GPX Moto Minicross Black Label Fork Kit 730mm Complete Kit

You can always put the upgraded suspension on a better bike later

Here is my Atomik build, Soon to be completed & upgraded with Fastace forks & Fastace shock already fitted>
http://www.miniriders.com/china-builds/35841-thumpinozs-build.html

Yeah what Rotn50 said n Welcome too!

Last edited:
What DHZ said - if it's not broken then don't fix it. Just make sure all the nuts and bolts are tight and enjoy it!

yeah cheers for the replies..i dont want to spend heaps just to set it up then just replacing what needs to be..cheers again

I have an atomik nitrous 150cc and i was wondering if anyone knows how to replace the pistons and rings

I have an atomik nitrous 150cc and i was wondering if anyone knows how to replace the pistons and rings

simple...
undo cam chain tensioner bolt
take off cam gear cover and take the chain off...
take the head off
pull the cylinder off but be carefull to not let the piston smash on your case
take the gudgeon pin clip off and install the new piston in a reverse order (making sure you inspect the bore before replacing as because you may need a new bore or a re-bore)

what is the best way to get the cam cover off without breaking it on a yx150 and where abouts do the cam timing marks have to be set

Latest posts

Back