no fuel

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daniel10

Reaction score
when the petcok is turned in the on position it only allows little ammounts of fuel which causes the bike to die but when in the reserve position it lets fuel flow normally does anyone know what it could be? thanks

either tank is nearly empty or its blocked.
i run my on reserve sometimes the ON can be to high so only use a quarture or half a tank instead of the 2.1 litres of the standard pitbike fuel tank leaving 0.9 litres the reserve switch.

tank has plenty of fuel in it, if its blocked wouldnt it be blocked when its on reserve aswell?

if its the peacok thats blocked then yea, was talking about the bit inside the fuel tank for on, could have something in it.
drain the fuel and see if theres any dirt or anything in it

take the fuel tap off the bottom of the tank and check the filter is all clean.

does the fuel tap have a removable lever?
eg 2x screws holding the on/off lever retainer ring to the fuel tap.
if so take it apart and check there is nothing blocking the fuel passageways,
blow it out with compressed air etc.

Last edited:
thanks ill drain the tank, so do the main fuel line and the reserve fuel line join together into one and then to the fuel tap?

in a sense yes, its easy to pull the tap off and have a look for your self. I all ways like to try and work things out for my self as it helps me retain the info, know what I mean.

Latest posts

Back