Non electric start conversion

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

truonga

Reaction score
Hey, if i was going to convert my 125cc motor to just kickstart, what parts do i need??

new flywheel and stators for starters plus, a new cover, but im not sure if the cover jst bolts on,,,

and a flywheel pulle to get off the flywheel,

take the starter off and just block the hole with a custom piece... or just take the starter motor chain off and it will get rid of that irritating sound when you kick it.

Ye.

Did this last week...

To remove the starter motor, remove:

the 2 mounting bolts
single Positive wire
Cir Clip from the starter motor gear
the starter motor chain around the magneto sprocket

then the motor will fall out.

then make up a flange type cover like this to stop shiz getting in the magneto:

startermotor.jpg

Last edited:
I have a Electric start engine before and have also tried to convert it but it is not possible as there is a massive gap/slot type thing built into the engine for were the back piece of the magneto cover slots into and if yoy trie and put a normal type flywheel and cover you will be left with a massive gap inbetween the engine and the end of the magneto cover and crap will get in, i did the exact same thing as dambomb did and used tin for the flange thingy

thanks people but i have no idea how to make a flange thingy to block the thing up

get some metal, cut to size and drill holes , simple i maded. a cover for mine too last week,

dont look as good as dabombs but all thing,

can buy covers from ooracing if ya rly wanna do it

Latest posts

Back