noob here.... what bike?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

khany454

Reaction score
gday all, as the name states im a noob to the site, not a noob to dirt bikes , but a noob to pit bikes.
anyway... im want to get one for the cook, shes never riddin any sort of motorbike before so i only want to get her a cheapish chinga bike till she gets the hang of things.

looking at 125's, reckon im gunna go with a big wheel (big foot?) style, seeing as im more into trail riding etc and no doubt she would wanna tag along, i think the bit bigger wheels an height would be a bit more comfortable for her.
jumping will probably NOT be an issue however i want something with a decent frame that aint gunna gunna go TWANG!
im not too sure on what im looking at so any help or advice you could give me will be greatly appreciated!!
i looked at these 2 models in a local shop today...
125cc THUMPSTAR MOTORBIKE DIRT BIKE MOTOR PIT BIGFOOT - eBay, Trail Bikes, Motorcycles, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 26-Aug-10 09:51:47 AEST)

125cc THUMPSTAR MOTORBIKE DIRT BIKE MOTOR PIT BIGFOOT - eBay, Trail Bikes, Motorcycles, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 26-Aug-10 09:50:52 AEST)

i love the look of the ktm styled one (mini version to mine lol) but im a bit iffy on the frame, big n bulky enough but i gave it a tap and it didnt "sound" very good.
the other one the frame seemed pretty good over all but as i said i like the ktm, i like how its got the longer seat aswell, more trail riding style.
can anyone comment on these 2 bikes? particularly the above mentioned frame?
also what motors do these run? and are they reliable?

also kind of thinkin about this one...
125cc THUMPSTAR MOTORBIKE DIRT BIKE MOTOR PIT PROX BWHL - eBay, Trail Bikes, Motorcycles, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 27-Aug-10 09:56:22 AEST)

another reason im goin for these "brands" is because a local bloke stocks them (about $400-500 dearer than ebay though)and all parts for them aswell, unfortunatly he does not know bugga all about them really. but i reckon having the parts locally is handy.
but iff they are crap please tell me!

thanks sooo much in advance!! :40__s:

oh... not sure if theres any rules regarding ebay links like some forums... if so sorry!!

Last edited:
hi khany i have 2 boys they have atomik bikes from 50cc up to 250cc they arnt the hardest riders around but they do give them a bit of stick we have never had to much trouble with these bikes and if we had any warranty claims have had no trouble they have all ways willing to help so have a look on ebay at there site witch part of town you from? i would all ways buy in the same state so if you do have trouble you can all ways go to the store where you bought it from hope it helps cheers

turbo, thanks for the advice, im in mildura mate, about as far nth wst vic as you can get, home af the infamous hattah enduro. theres only one chinga bike stockist in town as far as i know, and he stocks the ones i had the links for, which is why im leaning toward them.

sean, im looking at spending up to $1000, would go more but by the time i kit her up with helmet, boots an all that jazz it would be an expensive lil excercise!
thanks for putting in the link to thumps thread, i couldve been searching for hours lol, he seems to think its a fairly decent thing so i reckon i might go for it. just checking through his build thread now.

minifighter, thanks mate, hopefully in the future i can add to the forum and help people out instead of askin noob questions (probably gunna be a few of them though lol)
i generally always try to put some thought into things, i dont normally like going into things half-cocked. but there are exceptions, blonde moments etc but no-ones perfect!

thanks heaps for your replys fellas

turbo, thanks for the advice, im in mildura mate, about as far nth wst vic as you can get, home af the infamous hattah enduro. theres only one chinga bike stockist in town as far as i know, and he stocks the ones i had the links for, which is why im leaning toward them.

sean, im looking at spending up to $1000, would go more but by the time i kit her up with helmet, boots an all that jazz it would be an expensive lil excercise!
thanks for putting in the link to thumps thread, i couldve been searching for hours lol, he seems to think its a fairly decent thing so i reckon i might go for it. just checking through his build thread now.

minifighter, thanks mate, hopefully in the future i can add to the forum and help people out instead of askin noob questions (probably gunna be a few of them though lol)
i generally always try to put some thought into things, i dont normally like going into things half-cocked. but there are exceptions, blonde moments etc but no-ones perfect!

thanks heaps for your replys fellas

No one minds answering Noobie questions when theres effort shown, Geeez i still have em..lol

BUT when you put an effort in (as you did) it shows youve researched to an extent yourself and not just asked someone else to do it for you :D

Wayne

No one minds answering Noobie questions when theres effort shown, Geeez i still have em..lol

BUT when you put an effort in (as you did) it shows youve researched to an extent yourself and not just asked someone else to do it for you :D

Wayne

agreed its when we get people who join up to ask 1 question without doing any research... i think there is THOUSANDS of those questions here!!!

Hey, Just wondering if in fact you got the bike mentioned?
125cc THUMPSTAR MOTORBIKE DIRT BIKE MOTOR PIT PROX
I am keen to get my nephew one to learn on. Ive looked at heaps of bikes, new & second hand & still cant decide. If you did get that one how is it going? Any problems?

Latest posts

Back