Noob swing arm question

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theb3ar417

Reaction score
So im new to riding pitbikes, and definitely new owning something unmarked i know nothing about. So heres my question i recentley picked up 2 of these bikes on a good trade. Now after fixing minor issues the P/O let slide (hot, exposed wires on top of motor, leaking pet****....) replacing tires etc. this is where im at. The first upgrade i was considering was swingarm and rear shock. Could any one maybe point out what type of frame i have/whether i can upgrade the swing arm? Sorry for the limited info. all i know is the bike is a 110 lifan with a mikuni carb.

fHmDb.jpg

FfwRc.jpg

Can I suggest the first upgrade be a new rear tyre? **** that's slick

The shock mount under the seat makes it hard to run any other type swinger than an A-style swinger. Are you just out to upgrade it or want it longer? Damn shes got highway gears mate.

Sorry didn't actually pay attention to what you had written, my bad. You can up grade everything if you want but the best thing to do would be to just pull it all apart and clean it from head to toe. Grease up everything that needs greasing and checking if the swing arm is straight with no cracks if it is I wouldn't bother upgrading it maybe you could just do with some new bearings and maybe a cheap new shock. Really all I would do is get some tread and a bigger back sprocket. Upgrading can sometimes just be a waste, take it from someone thats done it, just trash it as it looks like it all ready has been and pick one up that is a little less work. Thats just my opinion.

Yeah mate +1 to that^^. Sometimes these little projects can cost a fortune. You don't realise how much you've spent until you decide to sell it and find out how much you've lost,
But would be good xp for you to pull it down n give it a good clean up!

appreciate the replies, especially rotn50's, gives me a better understand of the set up. and primarily i want to make it longer. like i said, i got 2 of these and 200 on a good trade, im not afraid to invest cause ive got little investment at this point. ( actually profited $100 if you value the bikes at 200 a piece.) but afformentioned, im 6'2 170 lbs. how ever.....i have this too IMG_1078.JPG with a new age 90 auto strapped in

rotn50, that rear sprocket looks like the ones they fit to the single speed full auto's.
the auto's clutch would slip to 200 odd rpm, so would take off alright.
but a bigger rear sprocket would slow down the top speed.

Yeah Craig those single speed autos lack top end, I've seen a few autos with the small sprocket now you mention it mate

Latest posts

Back