Not for the weak - motorcycles are dangerous!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OMG!! that looks painful!! LOL, what was that a part of the guys body i could see there!??? OUCH.
RUBY yeh busa's have the top speed of any bike but in acceleration, r1, how fast exactly does the busa get?? the r1 will get..over 300 i think but not too much more than 300...yeh, the new one reaches 18 or 19 thousand RPM!

SID yeh it isn't much, but that is when they need work getting done and is the best time to trade them in, after 4 years the new model is much faster anyway so he would wonna get it, during Wintr when it rains he doesn't ride for safety, once went down over a wet tram track, wasn't raining anymore and just damp, gave it a little throttle over a track and from what i heard i think the wheel spun and the bike hit the ground...

Yellow ProX Yeh ur right, most cars do over 200,000 k's, sid car's will be dead anywhere near 400,000 k's! LOL, taxis get diven to hell so dad says never ever buy a 2nd hand taxi no matter how cheap it is cos it is driven 24/7 often hard, and everything is worn, cos they pick up so many people the hinges are worn etc. but yeh, im not sure how many k's a bike will do as dad gets rid of it at 20,000 but i would imagine it would have to be atleast 100,000 ruby, ur a bit of an expert..how many k's u reckon??
what model is ur bike ruby??

NOTE TO SELF: don't run in the middle of a moto GP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Generally start to keep away from buying cars over 250,000kms and bikes at over 100,000kms. The engines are usually dying or are so worn (even after a rebuild) that they'd be lucky to make half the HP they use to.

Bikes with over 50,000kms on the clock usually develop minor problems and need money spent to get more life out of them. Same with cars when they run past 150,000kms. Although technology is getting better and better.

The TLR has 42,000kms at the moment and it will get a full engine rebuild, Wiseco pistons, Carillo rods, head work and made bulletproof when it reaches 50,000kms. The GSXR race bike is at 22,000kms (800kms of that on track) and will be sold off by the end of the year and replaced with a 2006 CBR600RR race bike. hehe

That track marshal didn't die but broke several bones. The first rider broke his leg, the second rider got a severe concussion and the other track marshal was injured but not as badly as the other one.

The TLR has 42,000kms at the moment and it will get a full engine rebuild, Wiseco pistons, Carillo rods, head work and made bulletproof when it reaches 50,000kms. The GSXR race bike is at 22,000kms (800kms of that on track) and will be sold off by the end of the year and replaced with a 2006 CBR600RR race bike. hehe

yeh, that's why he gets rid of it, after 20,000 k's it starts to need maintenance, but while he has the r1, he like takes it in for 1 service and gets the oil changed.....his last r1, the front tyre was literally bald, lol. he avoided riding it until he got his next pay to get the '07 model.
is that rebuild gonne cost u ruby?? LOL

Wiseco pistons about $600
Carillo rods about $800
Head porting and cleaning the ports about $400
Vee Two don't do cams for the TLR no more and Yosh cams are way too expensive, so ...
Regrind cams (or whatever may turn up on the US ebay) $250-$500

Along with the usual engine replacement parts, that should get the TLR a result of around 135rwhp and massive torque. That extra 10rwhp will be very noticeable! :eek:

After the work is done, I'll strongly consider selling the GSXR race bike and enter the TLR into the v-twin/thumper class of racing. It'll be slower than the GSXR on track, but it'll be more fun :)

The TLR is having a few small electrical issues at the moment. I'll have the sparky look at it in the next couple of weeks. But apart from that the sensors have been replaced one at a time, bearings are getting replaced with the tyre change, new chain and sprockets coming.

in other wods....ALOT, LOL
see that's why he gets rid of his a 20,000 k's!! LOL
plus, if hestill had his '03, the new ones would own it, since then it has been improved by about 50hp!! he reckons the new one rides like a race bike and he partly gets annoyed, he has to rev to 5,000 at the lights and slip the clutch to really get mving as it moves like a 2 stroke. LOL.

The problem is that R1s ... and CBRs and GSXRs and ZXRs ... are all too common. The TLR is different and not a sight seen on the road all the time, so its a bike worth holding onto for a long time.

:D

r1's are faster! LOL
but anyway, he just buys a new one, rides it and then about 3 or 4 years later trades it in, luckily it only devaluates approx. 2k per year!!! cars after 4 year, u would be lucky to get 1/2 what you pay.

the second vid

man how was the second vid how close was that second bike to smashing him he just ducks it thats gotta suck

r1's are faster! LOL

Depends upon the rider. I had a 2002 R1 before the TLR and I disliked alot about it, and it was slower in a straight line in performance standards. Even at the drags, the TLR was running 11.03s and the R1s at 10.8 or 10.7. Now considering that they make 40hp more than the TLR and weigh 30kg less, 0.2 to 0.3 seconds is rubbish. The riders are struggling to keep the front wheel down.

On paper, these new sports machines are supposed to be quicker, but in reality we must talk about "useable power". All of what the TLR delivers is useable power, I can't say the same for the newer bikes. It all comes down to setup too. I've had the TLR for over 4 years and I've tweaked it to how I like it and its very responsive. My mates on their fresh-off-the-showroom-floor bullet machines still can't beat me off at the lights.

Note: the comparison does not include front end straps or extended swingarms or wheelie bars. So it really is not much difference in time between a 9 year old TLR and modern R1 or CBR or GSXR. The manufacturers are making these machines more powerful, but we can't use it anymore.

Latest posts

Back