Not Happy haha

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rotn50

Master Spanner Spinning Moderator
Reaction score
Hi guys at work today i had to pull this engine out that had a prob, the prob was not due to gearbox failure, more so it was maintenance that didnt happen basicly, this engine is a 160yx 4V and for a china 4valve apart from the rockers tapping loudly they go quite hard and sound great, the prob was an extremely loose KMC china chain that was so loose it bunched at the front sprocket and got caught and at hi revs the gearbox popped the casing and tryed to exit the case. Ill grab some more picks when i dismantle the bottom end.

20130116_125923.jpg

20130116_125853.jpg

Now this is the exact reason to have a good case saver on your bike and never run a cheap chain.

Mate had a yz250 that did exactly the same thing.

I think it's new engine time mate. Sssssoooo much effort splitting cases and trying to get new ones etc.

Now this is the exact reason to have a good case saver on your bike and never run a cheap chain.

I think it's new engine time mate. Sssssoooo much effort splitting cases and trying to get new ones etc.

I totally agree with motorman this is what happens when using cheap chains specially on bigger engines its not worth it. I only use good quality chains like DID Gold Chains or RK Gold Chains i know they are more expensive but this would not of happened if it had a good quality chain on it and the bike was maintained properly. Mick by the time you split this engine and your labour plus parts etc plus making sure you have all the bits of casing that would be in there they would be nearly better off buying a new engine wouldnt they?

basically did this to me daytona 125.. tighter chains is a must to stop this from happeneing..

yx160 4v? how old is that motor to be a 4v?

Brand new bottom end nick, not mucking around with this haha
I don't know much about chains, can any one point me in the right direction for my bike?
RK or D.I.D have been good to me corey

I totally agree with motorman this is what happens when using cheap chains specially on bigger engines its not worth it. I only use good quality chains like DID Gold Chains or RK Gold Chains i know they are more expensive but this would not of happened if it had a good quality chain on it and the bike was maintained properly. Mick by the time you split this engine and your labour plus parts etc plus making sure you have all the bits of casing that would be in there they would be nearly better off buying a new engine wouldnt they?
Spot on rod, a complete bottom end is already in and running, its a shame as the engine had only seen bout 5 hrs and is not worth playing with at all, cheers Mate

basically did this to me daytona 125.. tighter chains is a must to stop this from happeneing..

yx160 4v? how old is that motor to be a 4v?

Hey styv, we get these direct from china still, although the barrel is ceramic(NI-SIC) and was a fair wait before getting the engines waiting for the barrels, the engine sound exactly like the 150f daytonas, they are the updated engines with chunky kick start gears and 16mm kick start shaft.

looks like a combination of cheap chain & cheap engine castings.... the metal in that case looks horrible, like coke cans melted down

looks like a combination of cheap chain & cheap engine castings.... the metal in that case looks horrible, like coke cans melted down

Down the end of the straight at 110kmh, would happen to most engines in the same predicament. But consistency in the cast processes would be hard for china suppliers as nothing is guaranteed lol

Latest posts

Back