o you oil UNI type airfilters?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldhack

Reaction score
Hey all,
The question is simple. Do I need to oil my UNI type air filter as you would a 'normal' type airfilter on a bigger offroad bike?
I have never used one of these type of filters before so am unsure.
Thanks,
oldhack.

I clean the uni filter on my YZ its a UNI RUSH
and I always oil my filter stop the dust getting in and also traps moisture and keeps it out of your precious power plant

a light cover of oil on the outside won't hurt and saves your engine in dusty conditions!!

Right.
I was in a rush when I posted this.
I have always oiled normal MX type (full size and totally different to UNI type) filters on all the bikes I have owned (10 plus).
I have been riding bikes for a while but have never owned a bike with a UNI type pod lookin filter before.
To err on the side of caution I would oil the filter but I just thought I would ask the question due to have never dealing with this type of filter before.
I would assume it to be best to oil it as per normal full size filters.
I have not seen any threads relating to this subject so I thought i would ask the question.
Cheers for your remarks,
oldhack.

i stick mine under my car where the oil leeks a lile that seems to work lol

I cant believe that question was asked!
I cant believe people dont do it!
A little bit of time on setting your bike up each ride saves money.
How much people value theie engines?

I cant believe that question was asked!
I cant believe people dont do it!
A little bit of time on setting your bike up each ride saves money.
How much people value theie engines?

Yes I agree. I asked the question for the sake of clarification for all members aswell as myself. I wouldnt ride without doing it. But as you can see there are some differing opinions aswell as colourfull comments coming out. I dont mind asking the stupid questions for the benefit all.:rolleyes:

Im far from experienced but sometimes experience people overlook simple important things

Yes I agree. I asked the question for the sake of clarification for all members aswell as myself. I wouldnt ride without doing it. But as you can see there are some differing opinions aswell as colourfull comments coming out. I dont mind asking the stupid questions for the benefit all.:rolleyes:

"there is no such thing as a stupid question, its that most people are too stupid to ask"

i stick mine under my car where the oil leeks a lile that seems to work lol

You do what ??? :eek: LOL

I've just cleaned & re-oiled my Uni which was covered in mud. Soak in warm soapy water, wash & rinse til it's clean then let it dry. Oil it with proper Uni-oil as per their instructions (cover all over then squeeze out excess) I let mine drain a bit otherwise when you put it back on it drips out onto your bike.

You are talking about a foam filter aren't you oldhack?

Dirty Uni
Uni-dirty.jpg

Clean Uni!
Uni-clean.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back