Off Road Pocket Bikes

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the man

Reaction score
i've never heard of them before, but from looking at the picture i'd be wary before getting one.
first of all, underslung exhausts on an off road bike are not a good idea, all sorts of rocks, sticks and whatever are destroy that exhaust.
second i don't know how well the 49cc engine would handle off road duties... i
'd say you'd need something with more grunt.
personally i'd go for a thumpster or equivalent... might hurt your hip pocket a bit more, but it'll be way better in the long run

About 8-10 guys from my area just got them(110cc,more than likely not the same brand, but same style) they're have a heap of fun, but found they are very high maintainence.
Some of the probs
-Front disc prone to damage when racing off road.
-When the chain jams on the front sproket it damages the everthing aroud the jam, a few of them had to get new motors cause it damaged the engine casing. Leep chain tensioned and lubed up correctly.
-Tyres, cause theyre a heap of fun(like PB's) you'll end going threw quite a few sliding the corners etc.
-a couple found the gearing wrong for their needs, 1st gear revs out to quick(approx 10km/h max). But easily fixed with new rear cog.
Mods a couple have already done.
-Bigger carby.
-1 Just bought a titanium exhaust($600 no joke) for one, no real power improvement, but good wank factor)
-they're buying slick/road tyres to race Mini Motard style racing with us PB guys(in their own class).
-minor port and polishing.
-125cc bore kit.
-"For big power, go the side saddles and reflective vest from Australia post" Joke i have going with a mate with 1 as they use a posty bike style 110cc motor.
Well have fun. I dont care if its car, bike, boat or goat. As long as your happy with what you ride. :wink:

ah man, dont get that, it looks like it will break as soon as u sit on it.
save up $4k and get a thumpstar, much better.

those bikes are a peice of s... dont buy it! one of my mates bought one for hes kid not even worth looking at the bike keeps on falling apart peices snapping etc..
we have two of the bikes in the link below awesome fun pretty powerful more power than the XR100's but its the size of an XR80 my little nephew just come home from ridding first words he said to me was "put the governer back in i just stacked it" done a wheelie while going up a small hill scratched the shroud plastic but hes ok teach him a lesson the arnt toys :wink: i wonder how my girl friend will go on her firt ride tomorow :?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4542958685&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT&rd=1

the man said:
Has anyone here got one or heard anything about them? because i am thinking about getting one for a bit of fun riding it round on some private property. I am thinking about one like this off ebay http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=47352&item=7148798104&rd=1

Can these things go over jumps or go for a thumpster or something more expensive?
Any advice would be very grateful

I asked similar questions on here a few months ago, though the post has been deleted now :?: :evil: but anyway, I went ahead and bought one the other day. Should be here in about a month (crappy delivery time from this particular ebay seller) but I think you have to be realistic about these bikes. They have virtually no front suspension travel and the frames aren't likely to be strong enough to handle jumps. I imagine on fairly smooth dirt and grass they will be ok, but doubtful if they will have much grunt.

As has been said, the 110cc four strokes are probably a more exciting prospect but also come with a higher price tag. My bike (if it ever gets to me :roll: ) will be $425 including delivery and since it's most likely just a standard cag motor I can hopefully upgrade it with the same bits as it's road race cousins (44mm bore, heavy duty clutch springs etc). I will probably only ride it around the yard a bit and maybe use it as a pit bike for when I go MX racing. The only reason I bought it instead of a road race cag is there's nowhere to race them where I live so this has (slightly) more potential. If a race series ever does get happening where I live (not likely since no kart track in this town) I can always motard it and at least it will look cool! 8)

Cheers,
Ash

Doh!

I just had a close look at the picture of the bike in your ebay link, it's actually slightly different (ok, it's better) than the one I bought (damnit!) I bought a shitty one like this: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=32074&item=4541891573&rd=1
which has next to no front fork travel, but the one in your link has different front forks which actually look like they work. Oh well, nothing I can do now :x

$300 for that bike is ok just dont use it for MX and expect it to bottom out when riding through a bumpy padock u should buy some CAG wheels off ebay and turn it into a super motard and go race it on the kart track :lol: it might also only have under a 40cc motor :cry: let us know how it goes

gazza2003au said:
those bikes are a peice of s... dont buy it! one of my mates bought one for hes kid not even worth looking at the bike keeps on falling apart peices snapping etc..
we have two of the bikes in the link below awesome fun pretty powerful more power than the XR100's but its the size of an XR80 my little nephew just come home from ridding first words he said to me was "put the governer back in i just stacked it" done a wheelie while going up a small hill scratched the shroud plastic but hes ok teach him a lesson the arnt toys :wink: i wonder how my girl friend will go on her firt ride tomorow :?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4542958685&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT&rd=1

Thanks for the info guys

So gazza have you had a ride on it yet?

mate i love it!!!!!!! i bought it for my girl friend i think i am enjoying it more than her! i ride a 1998 model KX250 and i am more than happy with the power being produced from this 110cc ebay bike! i am going to go for a ride in my back yard soon im still taking the bike through the first stages before the gf learns to ride tomorrow :wink: we will be buying another one of these in 3 months

special thanks to dcristo for the dirt bike forum :wink:

forgot to add my little nephews bike (same 110cc) is still going strong about 7 weeks after we bought it he rides it atlease 3 times a week for around 3-4 hours each time

Nice. How does it handle the bumps and the jumps? How do you think it would go in the bush? or just around a local motocross track

i havent been over any jumps but handels bumps no probs it will all depend on your size and weight im 5'8" 73kg these bikes are more for bush,scrub,farms,parks etc.. i dont know why they put a 110cc in this frame its clearly to much power for the size of the bike but its an awesome learner bike without a clutch (must use a governer :shock: )
say if u went to appin MDMCS (macarthur district motor cycle club) u would have to stick to either the smaller track to the left (80cc track) as u drive in and the bush down the back if u go onto the MX track u wont have a problem power wise but i dont think the shockys are up to that kind of punishment as those table tops are huge last time i was out there i misscalculated some of the jumps small tripple followed by a table top than another three tripples which i thought was the next table top i couldnt see over the top ended up smashing my chest on the bars and crunching my nuts on the tank it bloody hurt i was back on the track 45mins later but say if u were on one of these 110cc bikes and u done this there would have been some damage to the bike and your self

Sorry for my stupidity What is a governer? and what does it do? So if i wanted to take it for a bash around a motocross track i should get some better shocks for it?

front shocks should be ok a governer stops the throttle from moving u can adjust how much it moves by cutting it down its like a half a ring made from metal as u learn to handel the power u cut down the governer and it'll give u more throttle movement

Thanks, So where can you get these governers from?
So really the rear shock should only get changed to take bumps and stuff like that?

when buying the bike ask for a governer if they say it'll be $20 tell em to get F***** these bikes are small enough for kids but with rediculous power they should include one with every bike it would only cost them $0.50 a peice if that our next door neighbours own the shop we bought our two bikes from but they wernt instore when we picked them up or i would have told them to give the governers out with every bike sold
the rear shock is good for farms,padocks,bush and small super cross tracks if u want to ride the bike on a big nationals track u might make it over the jumps but u might also have a shocky up your A** LOL :shock: a rear shock from a KX60,pitboss,thumster,XR80 might work with a little welding here and there the stock rear shock would be perfect if it was adjustable but it isnt i am going out to run the bike in today i will let u know how the shocky goes in a very bumpy padock

we went out today with the 110cc bike well what can i say i under estermated how good the stock rear shocky really is i was going over 1m table tops,4m drop offs etc... the rear shocky never bottom out but i did come home with a sore ass the seats abit uncomftable and the spring on the stand is giving in but i got to use up to 50% throttle wow this little thing hoons but to much throttle at low speed you will feel the clutch kicking in i got my gf riding around in 1st gear to get a feel for the bike she loves it thats all that matters :wink: at 50% throttle the bike seemed to be doing atlease 50kph so i would say full throttle would be around 80-90kph

Thats great to hear about the rear shock, but not about the sore ass :lol: 80-90kph is more than enough at the moment i think :wink: Where abouts did you go riding at?

we went to minto 1min down the road from the train station there was a few bikes there today minto is a grade 1-2 i also ride out the back of campbelltown its a grade 3 and white rock at menai thats a grade 4-5 i had to go to a very light track so i can teach my gf how to ride properly shes getting the hang of it what bike do u ride?

Latest posts

Back