Official "what is your job" thread

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yer i want to do it for the money :D ive been thinking for a long time.... but will most probably go for electrician, but i think Motorbike mechanic would be the funnest love working on bikes , but heard that doesn't pay very good and pretty hard to get a trade in that all taken around my area..

Dont do something just for the money or just because its easy (not that electrical is easy and the schooling can be quiet hard). If you do something just for the money then it becomes boring and you dont want to go to a job for the next 30 odd years that you dont enjoy.

If you dont enjoy your job then find one that you do enjoy and the money will follow eventually. If your passionate about something and you really want to do it then dont worry that the money for the first few years is shit because once you have your qualifications then the options are endless if you are dedicated.

Last edited:
yer thanks mate , me mum was saying the same thing.... do what you want and it will all fall in place .... wanna hope so :D from what ive heard its like the lowest paying trade ? its just so friggen hard to decide atleast i always got my dads business to fall back on (which is why i wanna try do my own thing) got 2 brothers and 2 uncles working together lol dont think he needs another son haha

i left school in grade 10 to become a bike builder and know work fulltime 4 australias cheapest dirt bikes and quads as a builder pd and bike machanice awsom job lol i get paid to test drive all the bikes and quads hahahaha.:)

i left school in grade 10 to become a bike builder and know work fulltime 4 australias cheapest dirt bikes and quads as a builder pd and bike machanice awsom job lol i get paid to test drive all the bikes and quads hahahaha.:)

You would have got the sack from me for saying you test drive the bikes :p .

You can drive a car but you RIDE a bike :D

sorry thump I GET PAID TO (TEST RIDE) bikes lol hahahahah:)

Thats better XB80 lol im just a hard bastard when it comes to work. Ive been through 3 apprentices this year and the longest one of them lasted was 2 weeks so I give up on apprentices lol.

Im a self employed carpenter/builder and Ive always been in this trade since I was 15. I was employing the apprentices and I just didnt have the patiance for them. Do something wrong once then thats ok coz its a mistake and u should learn from it, but do the same mistake twice in one day your an idiot and I dont have time for you so your gone.

Told ya im a hard bastard when it comes to work ;)

Last edited:
Im a self employed carpenter/builder and Ive always been in this trade since I was 15. I was employing the apprentices and I just didnt have the patiance for them. Do something wrong once then thats ok coz its a mistake and u should learn from it, but do the same mistake twice in one day your an idiot and I dont have time for you so your gone.

Told ya im a hard bastard when it comes to work ;)

shit lucky your not my boss id be gone in 5mins :eek: lol

haha nice work . i hope i dont find a boss like you , ya bastard lol

Just learn from your mistakes and you will be fine. Too many people think mistakes are a bad thing but they are actually the best thing you can do aslong as you learn from them and NEVER MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE TWICE.

That is what helps give you experience and knowledge in your field.

Well i went from a demo tech to now learning to be manager of a hardware store....... So big change:) but its good fun!

I wanna be a pilot...I fly little planes at the moment.
BUT the school thing is shit and I need to do like maths methods and Physics which I suck at.
How much do builders get paid approx? its probly my backup

Latest posts

Back