Oil change interval for road riding?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dabomb

Reaction score
hey fellow miniriders, im after some simple advice on how often to change the oil in me motovert rx jialing 125 with a 146 bbk.
the bike is for on road riding maintaining speeds of 60k or more.

i was thinking 300km's? or what would someone recommend?

and a noob question, when reading the oil level i don't screw in the dipstick i just sit it on top of the oil filler hole right?

nah screw it on. and 300km sounds ok id probly change it much less than that but im doing ofroad so yer.

I change my Road Registered Zed oil every 200km, done 5000kms now and still no dramas....

^^^

no dude you dont screw it in,well on my crf50 and dhz both the manuals said just sit it on top,if you screw it in that means you have been neglectin you engine of its much needed oil since youve had it...

that's what i thort. i have been screwing the dipstick but the stick says its over filled so should be right.

what you guys think about the oil change interval?

Wow thats regular drain intervals! On my china cg125 book service is 3000ks, i aim around 1000ks but the main factor is how the bike feels. 1st signs for me are a slight notchyness in the gearbox. As the bikes bn run in the time until this notchyness happens has increased. In a 1000ks the oil, even cheap stuff, is only slighty degraded. Changing the oil this early is primarily to remove any contaminants and as long as the engine is in good condition and the air filter clean there should be no significant contaminants.

Latest posts

Back