Oil Cooler Mount

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WyldOne

Reaction score
I need a bit of help with an oil cooler mount.

I have an engine an it has an oil cooler but my frame doesn't have an oil cooler bracket. I just need some designs to help me make an oil cooler bracket. Also, if I use pop rivets to attach an oil cooler bracket onto the frame, will the frame rust inside? If so, how could I stop the rust from happening?

pop rivets wont last very long, that mount will cop a fair amount of vibrations and force,

youll need to get it welded on, and use rubber washers on the cooler...

Pittmaster hit the nail on the head. Pop rivets will clap out real QUICK. you need tab with a gussett welded to the frame. When you weld it it is best if you weld ALONG the frame not ACCROSS it as it lessens the potential for the frame to crack along the weld and snap. If this dosent make sense I will try to explain it better or perhaps somebody else has there brain in gear and can put it in better words.

Thanks for the replys! The frame is an 07 PitPro110 and the engine is an an Lifan 140cc. Because the bike use to be the old PitPro 110cc with elec start, I think I'll mount the oil cooler on the bracket where the battery use to be mounted. I'll put some photos on tomorrow.

OK, I have got some photos of where I might mount the oil cooler. I need to get longer lines as the ones that came with the oil cooler/engine are too short. Anyways, would it be alright if I mount the oil cooler in the photos below?

200710290001sx6.jpg

200710290002io2.jpg

200710290003xm0.jpg

Could I use an oil filter line and join one end to the engine then join the other end to the enige? Would that work?

Yes you can just join the 2 ends together, DONT just block the 2 outlets, make sure you join them together!

Ive been running my 140cc without a cooler from new, without any issues...

lol i seen some one block them off the motor only lasted about 20mins brand new motor aswell

If the problem is that you cant weld you could fabricate a bracket and attach it to your frame with 2 radatior hose clamps (heavy duty ones). If you can get the cooler mounted your engine will be better off.

Measure the diameter of the pipe that your frame backbone is made from .... get a short length of pipe (50 mm or longer) that has the same or similar I/D as your frame measurement .... dice it in half along the length to make a "U" piece ..... get a piece of flat bar that's wide enough for you to drill holes in to match your top cooler mounts .... get the "U" piece welded to it .... then either stitch weld it to your frame back bone where it will clear the head and front guard , welding only along the length where you cut it (welds along the length won't bend or weaken the frame) .... OR "U" clamp OR hose clamp it to your frame ... just as Cass has stated ....

Where Corey has mounted his is the BEST place to put it ... but you might have cooler line problems down the line using that method ..... PLUS you'll need a stone guard ....

Make the bracket out of breakfast cereal packet , dunny roll , and sticky tape first (kindergarten style) then transfer your templates onto real metal ..... (thin cardboard is quick and easy to cut with scissors and will save you heaps of time plus you can see if there'll be any problems before spending time cutting thick steel) . You can also use thin metal sheet and tin snips .......

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back