oil coolers

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exquisit

Reaction score
hi there

im thinking of buying one of these oil coolers
Al Transmission Engine Oil Cooler 10 row Hi Performance - eBay Turbo Parts, Performance Parts, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 02-May-10 19:10:00 AEST)

what do you guys think?my stock cooler is leaking so im thinking of just upgrading

it runs -6 AN fitings... i have a motovert rx with a 125 jialing... does this motor run -6 AN fitings on the motor?
or do the popular motors such as the yx160 and 155z/zs/ho run the same -6 AN fiting because i am thinking of upgrading the motor in the future and i rather not buy fitings twice

any help would be awesome and thanks in advance!

is the fittings on the engine -6 though?
with reference to the more popular types of china engines available

yea i already knew i had to get lines and fittings... prob get them from motorsport... but are all the chinese engines using the same size lines?and fittings for the ones that connect to the engine?

Well i know my XY140 & GPX160 are different, i think the 160 is smaller thread - i'll look in the morning i have email from DHZ who told me the difference at one point.

ok an update to those that may give a crap

cooler was ok price... and the same ok kinda quality...china stuff so didnt expect any better...
it is painted silver so i may possibly strip it back to bare alloy so that the paint doesnt trap the heat in...thats if i cbf...

went to motorsport and got fittings which cost more than the cooler but thats ok coz at least they are all good quality

for those interested, jialing 125 on the rx uses a M10x1.25 thread
so you need to bugger round with expanders etc to get it to fit -6

well my oil cooler leaked so i just took it off and it only made a couple of degrees difference to the engine

yer but you muck around wasting money on oil every 2 minutes :)

dunno i took it to u guy to get a few things fixed and the oil cooler was one of them and he said its just a waste of space having it on there and he told me he had done a test on it and it wasnt worth spending money on gettin a new one

ah fair enough

well as a side note... took it for a wrap round the block... cooler is cold to the touch after the ride but as soon as it is stationary it is just hot enough to not be able to touch and hold on to
so i suppose this means it works
=)

Those infrared thermo's are awesome!
We did a test the other week on 2 125's
I have the Daytona 125 with a 10 core cooler and after a 15mins session and barrel temp was 68d
and A Ducar 125 stock without a cooler came in at 105d
So Coolers do work, and on a YX 140, a billet 5 core does 5d and a radiator 10 core does 15d less.

yer they help a bit depends what kinda bike its on too ,,,,mines a 140

barnesd09: what cooler did the daytona have? i assume u meant 10 row?
was it like a serck/setrab/earls style cooler?

105* is starting to get into dangerous temps correct?

Latest posts

Back