oil leak 140 yx

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dezine

Reaction score
anyone got some advice to how i can fix an oil leak near the top end of my motor . directly underneath the head and leak is dripping out of the cavity onto bash plate. seems to be dripping from a weeping bolt or shaft that is visible when looking up underneath head on left side. only just commenced the run in.

thanks peter.. do you know what the leak is coming from ? its a head bolt or something not sure myself. will epoxy be a permanent solution , just a little annoyed as bike is not even ran in.

hi thump . just had another look at bike as i cant do any pics ! so i"ll try explain best way i can . . its definately a head bolt connecting to cylinder where leak is occuring, and theres a square cavity in the casting on and under head where two parts of engine join. it drips into this cavity and leaks out onto bash plate only whilst its running hope this helps.

Last edited:
just fill it with epoxy putty... see if it works... it only cost like 10 bucks a tube

it should fix it but

my 140yx leaked the same it was the head gasket the gasket was stuffed around where the oil gallery was and it was leaking on the bash plate.

Can get a full gasket kit for them from DHZ $22 posted.

if its a common problem maybe its best to advise all owners of new yx140 tighten their head before run in or something

The bottom right hand stud has the pressurized oil supply gallery around it and the drip fed oil return gallery is just off from the centre on the underside of the head near the bottom left hand stud ... right near the cavity he's talking about ... Sounds like bad machining or assembly from the factory to me ...

Last edited:
hit the nail on the head mate ! stripped her down and its got floors in the casting . got the better of me so done my best as a novice mechanic haha um back yarder and fixed it myself grrr y cant new bikes be trouble free engine wasn,t even ran in but its sweet now after hours of learning the hard way. now back to the run in stage so far so good. thanks for all that gave advice cheers.

Latest posts

Back